PSA: Wii U system update 5.1 in now available

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. PSA: Wii U system update 5.1 in now available

User Info: tav19

tav19
3 years ago#1
Version 5.1.0 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:

New Features:

Wii U to Wii U System Transfer
Users can now transfer (move) all software and data from one Wii U to another
A “System Transfer” option has been added within System Settings
Click here for additional information on this feature

Changes to Nintendo eShop:

Users can now navigate the Nintendo eShop using a Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, or Classic Controller

Improvements to system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3070/p/431/session/L3RpbWUvMTQwNTk4ODAyOC9zaWQvV3c2TUpUWmw%3D

User Info: TruthsEdge

TruthsEdge
3 years ago#2
Link is broken

Edit:
Works on mobile for me but not on my laptop.
Wii U ID: Aikoku-sha
3DS: 4656-6218-3929. PSN: xRadiant_Wolfx XBL: xRadiant Wolfx

User Info: tav19

tav19
3 years ago#3
I just checked the link and it worked fine for me

User Info: Pink_a_Dink

Pink_a_Dink
3 years ago#4
Link works fine for me. But finally, only being able to navigate the eShop with the Gamepad was so damn annoying considering I hardly use it.
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.

User Info: Toozin

Toozin
3 years ago#5
Those are actually some nice features. Seems like Nintendo is at least making an effort to address some complaints with the UI.

User Info: CubeTV

CubeTV
3 years ago#6
tav19 posted...

Wii U to Wii U System Transfer
Users can now transfer (move) all software and data from one Wii U to another
A “System Transfer” option has been added within System Settings
Click here for additional information on this feature

Took them long enough. 3DS has it and it was unfair the Wii U didn't. Might actually sell my Wii U to my friend now for $300 (I have $250+ in downloaded games) + all my retail games. Then when (I'm low on money right now and need it for things) I feel the need to own one again (I'm sure there is, but not right now), buy another and transfer my stuff over.

tav19 posted...

Changes to Nintendo eShop:

Users can now navigate the Nintendo eShop using a Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, or Classic Controller

I didn't even know you COULDN'T do this. I know it was just for System Settings but I can't believe it was for the eshop too.
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii

User Info: Granadico_

Granadico_
3 years ago#7
Another step forward toward not sucking
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico

User Info: Spookyryu

Spookyryu
3 years ago#8
nice

User Info: MasterPoker

MasterPoker
3 years ago#9
Meanwhile Japan gets Suica support.
i7-4770k | GeForce GTX 780 Ti | 16 GB DDR3 | Wii U | 3DS XL | PS3 | X360 | Xuande

User Info: NintendoLover25

NintendoLover25
3 years ago#10
Good to see steady improvement through the updates. None of it matters to me since I use the Gamepad for everything anyway and don't plan on getting another Wii U, but I'm sure many users will be pleased.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. PSA: Wii U system update 5.1 in now available

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived