possible Amiibo price?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. possible Amiibo price?

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
2 years ago#1
http://arcadesushi.com/uk-retailer-prices-nintendo-amiibo-figures/

if they end up being $20 a piece in NA would those of you planning to buy still pick them up? do you agree or disagree with the price?

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
2 years ago#2
Prices won't be directly converted. If they're UKŁ12.85 in the UK, they'll be €15 in the rest of Europe and US$15 in the USA.

That's a placeholder price anyway, but if it does turn out to be correct, then I think it's too high.
(message deleted)

User Info: Sonytendo

Sonytendo
2 years ago#4
The site's math is wrong. 1 pound is 1.7 dollars. 12.85*1.7=Screw Europeans. Americans get them around $13.

Edit I'm an idiot on mobile who keeps touching the wrong thing.

User Info: Evilcrachitt

Evilcrachitt
2 years ago#5
$15 would be the max for me personally. The ideal price for me would be $10, but $20 is just too rich for my blood
"You can't be racist against whites because they're in power/have privilege."
-Killua553

User Info: Granadico_

Granadico_
2 years ago#6
i think around $10-15, maybe $20 for special/big ones.
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
2 years ago#7
Amiibos can be used for multiple games, correct? If that's true, then I can justify paying more for an Amiibo than the average Skylander figure (about $10). $20 seems like a bit much. $14.99 sounds right.
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
2 years ago#8
Being $20 wouldn't change my stance much. I only planned on picking up a few favorites in the first place, though with a price that high, I would be more strict about which characters are good enough to buy.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: random_man9119

random_man9119
2 years ago#9
I don't see them being more expensive than Skylanders/Disney Infinity... So $10-$15...
NNID:MrOddities|SteamID:Mr.Oddities
Currently playing:Skyrim,Borderlands 2,Dungeon Defenders,Rogue Legacy,Awesomenauts,Guacamelee!STCE,Shovel Knight,Fallout3

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
2 years ago#10
At $15 I'll stick to the figures for characters I love: Samus, Link and Zelda. At $10 I'd probably buy several more.
"If all pc gamers are pirates and pc gamers are the master race, then logically . . .
Pirates = Master Race" -Piggins12
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. possible Amiibo price?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived