Wii u owners: do you also game on pc?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii u owners: do you also game on pc?

User Info: William_18

William_18
3 years ago#11
Yes but only certain games... Mainly the Civilization series and a few classic games I got off steam like Commander Keen.
PSN: Kaminari2 3DS: 1693-2622-1080
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.

User Info: Puckswack12

Puckswack12
3 years ago#12
Rasputin77 posted...
No. My console backlog continues to be so ridiculous, I don't even bother looking into PC gaming.

Besides - my office setup isn't the most ergonomic. I prefer dat couch.

Get with it man. Hook it up to your tv and game on!
Yup

User Info: NiftyManZ

NiftyManZ
3 years ago#13
Puckswack12 posted...
Rasputin77 posted...
No. My console backlog continues to be so ridiculous, I don't even bother looking into PC gaming.

Besides - my office setup isn't the most ergonomic. I prefer dat couch.

Get with it man. Hook it up to your tv and game on!

This. My wife plays skyrim from te comfort of the couch on the tv :-)
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)

User Info: SlimeSwayze

SlimeSwayze
3 years ago#14
I have a PC, PS4, Xbone, and Wii U, and that's the order I play them in from most to least.
Don't post something you'd be ashamed to show your parents or your children.

User Info: FayeLady

FayeLady
3 years ago#15
No, I have various issues with PC gaming, the biggest being that most of it is tied to a user/pass.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.

User Info: X_Ste_90_X

X_Ste_90_X
3 years ago#16
I don't really value PC gaming as much as console gaming, I own all consoles and a gaming laptop from 2010 (needs updating I know) but I've never used it as a primary gaming choice, even when it was new.

PC gaming requires a certain level of dedication to keep relevant in, and it requires work of you want to max settings on your given rig, it's a chew, and anyone who says otherwise is lying. The difference between putting a game into a console and it just working and fiddling for an hour to get an acceptable experience on the rig that you're going to want to get the most out of.

I will say that the pricing is so much better on PC, add in a more vibrant multiplayer spectrum and mod support (some of which is simply phenomimal) and it is a valuable platform, but just not for me when I use a PC all day, 6 days a week (some weeks) and I just want to come home and kick up with a game.
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4

User Info: Jobocan

Jobocan
3 years ago#17
FayeLady posted...
No, I have various issues with PC gaming, the biggest being that most of it is tied to a user/pass.

So... like every non-Nintendo console since the 360?
I don't understand your issue.
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection

User Info: FayeLady

FayeLady
3 years ago#18
Jobocan posted...
FayeLady posted...

So... like every non-Nintendo console since the 360?
I don't understand your issue.

Are you joking/kidding? Or do you really not know that 360 games can be played on any 360 without logging in to it
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.

User Info: triple s

triple s
3 years ago#19
Who says you have to max all your games though? I have a $700 graphics card and can't "max" every game out while my kids have a $150 card that came out in 2010 that is capable of playing better looking games than Wii U and Xbox One. My son doesn't mess with any settings and he's never had any issues with any games not working or playing on default. Also, gaming laptops are generally a waste.

Currently, I'm PC, Wii U and Xbox One. What's funny is that the PS4 is suppose to be the big console to get but I find even less reason to have one right now than I do the Xbox One when I have a gaming PC.
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
3 years ago#20
l wish - sucks owning a Mac sometimes....
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii u owners: do you also game on pc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived