Poll: Kill a franchise, revive a franchise

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Poll: Kill a franchise, revive a franchise

User Info: Mandrew257

Mandrew257
2 years ago#1
Which franchise would you kill in order to revive an old one? - Results (312 votes)
Mario(Both 2D and 3D)
6.41% (20 votes)
Donkey Kong
7.37% (23 votes)
Pokemon
12.82% (40 votes)
The Legend Of Zelda
2.24% (7 votes)
Metroid
7.37% (23 votes)
Kirby
7.69% (24 votes)
All Mario Spinoffs(Party, sports, kart, etc)
10.9% (34 votes)
Animal Crossing
21.79% (68 votes)
Pikmin
13.78% (43 votes)
Smash Bros
9.62% (30 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I didn't put an "other" option, because I feel that you guys would all vote "Anything with the word Wii in it".

Rules: The franchise you pick to be killed off won't get a new game for 5 years.

Anyways, I'd vote kill off Metroid. I could never really get into the series, and I think I could live without it for a while. And then I'd revive Custom Robo for Wii U, with online play.
Even if Roy doesn't make it into the next Smash bros, Roy's still our boy.
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257. Feel free to add me :)

User Info: ThunderSeal

ThunderSeal
2 years ago#2
Kill Pokemon, revive F-Zero
Free Palestine! End Israeli oppression!

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
2 years ago#3
Just five years? In that case, I think Mario could use a rest.

If I can revive any series, I'd revive Breath of Fire, but if restricted to Nintendo-owned, I'd pick Endless Ocean.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: PrincessTsuki

PrincessTsuki
2 years ago#4
Kill Metroid, revive Custom Robo.

User Info: Granadico_

Granadico_
2 years ago#5
ThunderSeal posted...
Kill Pokemon, revive F-Zero

Took the words right out of my mouth
Pokemon's almost becoming yearly now. Release AS/OR, then just wait till next gen for a new one. Then make a new F-Zero for Wii U
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico

User Info: MichaelS91

MichaelS91
2 years ago#6
Mandrew257 posted...
I didn't put an "other" option, because I feel that you guys would all vote "Anything with the word Wii in it".

Rules: The franchise you pick to be killed off won't get a new game for 5 years.

Anyways, I'd vote kill off Metroid. I could never really get into the series, and I think I could live without it for a while. And then I'd revive Custom Robo for Wii U, with online play.

Metroid has been killed off 4 years as it is and we're not likely to get a new one next year so I think you've survived nearly long enough without it based on your ruling.
NNID: stretfordender91
PSN: m-smith1991

User Info: theFAKEsheridan

theFAKEsheridan
2 years ago#7
Kill animal crossing, revive mother series.
Xbox fanboys were the worst last gen, this gen I can't decide which fanboys are the worst, Nintendo or PC ones?

User Info: Flare7

Flare7
2 years ago#8
Metroid, I haven't enjoyed the direction they've gone with it since Super. Mario needs a new game that isn't a rehash. Pokemon would be a close second behind Metroid since they really need to get it together and make some changes to the game they've been rereleasing since the 90s.

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
2 years ago#9
Kill Metroid since it's already been 4 years, revive F Zero
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
2 years ago#10
Kill Pokemon, revive mother
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Poll: Kill a franchise, revive a franchise

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived