Do you think Smash 3DS cannibalizes Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you think Smash 3DS cannibalizes Wii U?

User Info: SBias73

SBias73
3 years ago#1
I hear this theory a great deal. That by releasing a 3DS version of Smash is going to absolutely ruin sales for the Smash version for the Wii U. We all know Nintendo was banking on this game to sell Wii U units. Does it hurt it? Should the 3DS game not been made at all?
Nin ID: Sbias73
Add me. I could talk about gaming all day.
It's a Xanatos Gambit. Go look it up.

User Info: Granadico_

Granadico_
3 years ago#3
Maybe slightly, but not much.
Hardcore fans will get both if possible, or Wii U version alone.
Normal fans who have both will probably get U's for local multiplayer and/or HD big screen TV play.
Casuals will get it for whichever system they have. Its not like anyone one game will sell a system to them anyway
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
3 years ago#4
Nope
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
3 years ago#5
I think it partially will. if 3ds owners with no wiiu get it and enjoy it they may not see a reason to buy a wiiu for one just yet and may wait for zelda u before they jump in. who knows. some who own both may opt for the version you can take everywhere, just looking for the word that its a great game.

User Info: ShinChuck

ShinChuck
3 years ago#6
Fighters tend to be preferred on home consoles, and I expect it to be the same. It might cut into sales to an extent, but I think most Smash fans will want it on their big TVs at home.

Just my guess.
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.

User Info: R_Hunter

R_Hunter
3 years ago#7
All I know is i'm getting both.
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
I claim my time is valuable. I visit GF. I was wrong.

User Info: Granadico_

Granadico_
3 years ago#8
king_madden posted...
I think it partially will. if 3ds owners with no wiiu get it and enjoy it they may not see a reason to buy a wiiu for one just yet and may wait for zelda u before they jump in. who knows. some who own both may opt for the version you can take everywhere, just looking for the word that its a great game.

oh my god King_Madden we agreed on sometihng
There's hope for this marriage after all
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
3 years ago#9
Questionmarktarius posted...
It's a Xanatos Gambit. Go look it up.

i miss the old page image for xanatos gambit on tvtropes when they had a picture of xanatos and a caption that read he is smiling becuse he won 3 turns ago you just dont know it yet
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
3 years ago#10
Granadico_ posted...
king_madden posted...

oh my god King_Madden we agreed on sometihng
There's hope for this marriage after all

That marriage counselor was worth the money!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you think Smash 3DS cannibalizes Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived