why resident evil remaster hd wont be on wiiu?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why resident evil remaster hd wont be on wiiu?

User Info: AstralFrost

AstralFrost
3 years ago#11
The game doesn't suit the Wii U fanbase.
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself

User Info: TheGeniusArcana

TheGeniusArcana
3 years ago#12
power_troll posted...
this is a gamecube game why?

Remake of a PS1/Saturn game? lol

I agree that it sucks that it will not be going to Wii U. But since PC, PS4, and Xbone are all x86, you only really need one port that works on all of those systems. PS3 and X360 already have huge install bases, so its only reasonable.

User Info: splashinkarp

splashinkarp
3 years ago#13
Why a remake and not a brand new RE?

Capcom why u do dis?
3DS FC: 4699-6109-1754
FIGHTING Safari: Mankey, Riolu, and Throh

User Info: TheRealDill2000

TheRealDill2000
3 years ago#14
billlewe23 posted...
Nintendo brought Megaman to Smash Bros. They obviously thought of that as an offense and decided to fight back by limiting releases on their consoles...

This is the most logical response
|J|o|h|n|C|e|n|a|
My anti-drug

User Info: Pink_a_Dink

Pink_a_Dink
3 years ago#15
Toozin posted...
Becsuse Resident Evil games have histotically sold poorly on Nintendo consoles, and the Wii U install base is currently tiny as-is.

But Resident Evil 4 was a GameCube exclusive for a long time, and its still hailed as one of the best RE games ever.
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
3 years ago#16
AstralFrost posted...
The game doesn't suit the Wii U fanbase.

This, it's not 4 player local only co-op, or an indie game

User Info: Toozin

Toozin
3 years ago#17
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Toozin posted...
Becsuse Resident Evil games have histotically sold poorly on Nintendo consoles, and the Wii U install base is currently tiny as-is.

But Resident Evil 4 was a GameCube exclusive for a long time, and its still hailed as one of the best RE games ever.

And I don't think it broke 500k lifetime sales on the Cube. It was a magnificent game but poor sales forced them to go against the creator's wishes and port it to PS2.

Look, I love the Wii U and I will support it until Nintendo ceases to, but we all have to be realistic about it's position in the matketplace. It's architecture and design (read: gamepad) make porting games to it difficult (read: expensive) and in the current climate there's no reason for developers to think they will recoup the extra costs. The Xbone may have a slightly smaller install base (which I've heard conflicting information on so I'm not even sure that's the case), but it's architecture is so similar to PS4 that porting to it is cheap and easy, so it's more likely to recoup costs for them.
http://www.gamelogs.org/gamelog/Toozin.html

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
3 years ago#18
its also a wii game
Currently Playing : Divinity: Original Sin and The Last of Us Remastered
Looking Forward To: Destiny, Smash Bros, The Order 1886, and ScaleBound

User Info: Toozin

Toozin
3 years ago#19
Oh, according to Wikipedia re4 sold 1.6 milion on GCN, my mistake. PS2 did outsell it by a fairly wide margin though with 2.2 million sales.
http://www.gamelogs.org/gamelog/Toozin.html

User Info: FayeLady

FayeLady
3 years ago#20
Because of the userbase. Both its small size and its unwilliness to buy 3rd party games.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why resident evil remaster hd wont be on wiiu?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived