why is the wii u name such an issue??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why is the wii u name such an issue??

User Info: ShinyTepig

ShinyTepig
3 years ago#21
plus1zero posted...
ronjon1183 posted...
LMwest09 posted...
It isn't and never was.

Please don't ever go into marketing.

I dunno. He could probably work for Nintendo, they seem to have that same attitude.

You people act like it's the end of a world because a name isn't perfect. >_>
NNID:133700Pika
"The best meal of the day, Gary's way~!"

User Info: _SG

_SG
3 years ago#22
Master Alien posted...
Evilcrachitt posted...
64 DD in Japan, but that's it.

You have to remember consumers are dumb for the most part. They think low sodium is a major improvement when it does almost nothing

n64 also had an expansion pak add on which doubled its ram. i remember mine came with dk64 and the only other game i can think of off hand that needed it was perfect dark
Majora's Mask. Shadowman also had it as an optional extra - very few games did actually need it to enjoy the full content of games though, and only about 5 or 6 of them used it to increase the quality of the game.

I wish that Banjo Tooie had taken advantage of it - even if it was just optional. I love that game to bits but there were some serious framerate drops.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
3 years ago#23
PS4Warrior posted...
You can thank Nintendos marketing team for the mixups. All the different controllers and addons for the Wii didn't help, plus the fact the Wii U gamepad could easily look like a type of Wii controller.

What add ons? Also there was a grand total of like three controllers

User Info: Luigi4President

Luigi4President
3 years ago#24
It didn't help but I feel like enough consumers know by now.
The washer fluid is not fine!

User Info: bandit__74

bandit__74
3 years ago#25
I think gamers knew that it was a new system. General consumers did not however. My wife, my mother and my sister all thought the tablet was just a new controller for the Wii. I had to explain to them that it was a new system. They are not gamers, but they are consumers. Nintendo should have done a better job distinguishing the U from the Wii for the general consumer.

Not that I'm saying consumers are stupid (do I really have to?), but most of them have no interest in videogames, they are simply buying them for their kids, grandkids etc. I remember my mom asking me if the gamepad would be compatible with my niece's Wii. That is Nintendo's failure to market its product.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why is the wii u name such an issue??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived