Your reaction: Sakamoto directs a Metroid game for the Wii U.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your reaction: Sakamoto directs a Metroid game for the Wii U.

User Info: Diayamondo

Diayamondo
3 years ago#1
Is it possible for him to **** on the Metroid franchise even further?

User Info: DarkBlade2

DarkBlade2
3 years ago#2
Diayamondo posted...

I would be fine with him directing another game. I would sincerely hope that he learned from both Other M's strong and weak points. But I would by no mean begrudge the man for making one "bad" game.

Then again I enjoyed Other M and don't view it as a abomination to the series as other seem to. Was it the greatest Metroid ever? No? But I didn't think it was bad.
Wii U drought? Good thing I have a Wii U, Wii, PS3, 3DS, DS Lite, PS Vita and PSP.

User Info: heartlesshero17

heartlesshero17
3 years ago#3
"Hey look, another Metroid game. Yay. Now the fans who keep pretending the series has been dead and forgotten by Nintendo despite the last game coming out 4 years ago can shut the **** up "
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye

User Info: CrystalKing5426

CrystalKing5426
3 years ago#4
Hasn't he said he's no longer interested in Metroid games?DarkBlade2 posted...
Diayamondo posted...

I would be fine with him directing another game. I would sincerely hope that he learned from both Other M's strong and weak points. But I would by no mean begrudge the man for making one "bad" game.

Then again I enjoyed Other M and don't view it as a abomination to the series as other seem to. Was it the greatest Metroid ever? No? But I didn't think it was bad.

It wasn't a Metroid game to begin with.
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid

User Info: super_taco_ftw

super_taco_ftw
3 years ago#5
Didn't he work on other Metroid games before Other M? Like Super Metroid? So long as he's learned from his mistakes, there's no reason to be worried.
"In case of an emergency, **** you, **** the lot of ya's"- Adam Hills

User Info: Rolanberry

Rolanberry
3 years ago#6
I'd be fine with it. I liked Other M so its pure winning from my stand point.

User Info: Snow-Dust

Snow-Dust
3 years ago#7
He made a mistake but with his history, he more than deserves to work on metroid again. As long as he isn't given complete control over the project again, it should be fine

User Info: BMK2010

BMK2010
3 years ago#8
I think Sakamoto learned from his mistakes and I do believe he will give the fans they want, a strong-willed, hard headed muscular samus who dont take %$&# from nobody. I believe the Metroids will fear Samus because she is so strong, she squashes them and eats them like jello.

Concept art for new Samus:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/279/4/4/muscle_suit_samus_by_espadadeloscuro-d6phauc.jpg

In fact, I don't think Samus will have much of a personality, her instinct will be just to kill anything that moves... and eat it. Sakamoto will probably revert back to first person following in Prime's footsteps.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your reaction: Sakamoto directs a Metroid game for the Wii U.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived