Wii-U Pro Controller

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii-U Pro Controller

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
3 years ago#11
It's a great investment, 80 hours of battery life, mine is still on it's first charge after owning the console for 2 months, just barely though.

I also find it's really good for player 2, who may not enjoy anything but a traditional style controller.
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |

User Info: heartlesshero17

heartlesshero17
3 years ago#12
Dugger1981 posted...
I prefer the Gamepad for Wind Waker HD; however, I consider the Pro controller to be a must-have for other Wii U games.

We share a similar opinion here

I use the gamepad for WW HD cause I like to use it as a map and quickly switching between items is cool.

For MK8 however I feel its more comfortable with the pro controller. I think I will use the Pro Controller for games that are more action oriented like Bayonetta and SSB while I might stick to gamepad for Zelda and platformers like Mario. Or even games like Xenoblade if they use the gamepad for quick item/menu management(have they announced gamepad features yet?). Well even for platformers I still use Pro Controller a lot. This thing is making my gamepad irrelevant
"Traditional fish sex"
-Bill Nye

User Info: Groudon199

Groudon199
3 years ago#13
If you only plan to use the X and A face buttons, it's probably worth it.
Replace "it's" with "it is". If it doesn't make sense, use "its".
Same idea with "your" and "you're".

User Info: Dugger1981

Dugger1981
3 years ago#14
heartlesshero17 posted...
Dugger1981 posted...
I prefer the Gamepad for Wind Waker HD; however, I consider the Pro controller to be a must-have for other Wii U games.

We share a similar opinion here

I use the gamepad for WW HD cause I like to use it as a map and quickly switching between items is cool.

For MK8 however I feel its more comfortable with the pro controller. I think I will use the Pro Controller for games that are more action oriented like Bayonetta and SSB while I might stick to gamepad for Zelda and platformers like Mario. Or even games like Xenoblade if they use the gamepad for quick item/menu management(have they announced gamepad features yet?). Well even for platformers I still use Pro Controller a lot. This thing is making my gamepad irrelevant

Not only the map... but also the convenience of motion controls when you're shooting your arrows with the Gamepad. Aiming your arrows is a bit of a pain with the Pro controller.

User Info: SyCo_VeNoM

SyCo_VeNoM
3 years ago#15
not a bad controller only real gripe I have is the Y button kinda hurts my thumb to press due to its location.

As for charging any usb cell phone charger would charge it even(well ones that let you plug in your own USB cable like samsung chargers).

User Info: GodReborn

GodReborn
3 years ago#16
:-) kinda sounds like the wavebird. that controller seemed to last quite a long time on a single charge. I even had the controller sit for well over a year, and somehow the batteries hadn't died during that time. does the pro controller feel anything like the one on the wii? I own that one. it's an okay controller, but the controller feels kinda cheap. not sure if I have a knockoff though as I bought it on ebay. speaking of which, I've seen some pro controllers for around $25 on there. my main concern is getting a knock off, but I would like to score a good deal on one. thanks for the responses, everyone!

User Info: SyCo_VeNoM

SyCo_VeNoM
3 years ago#17
ebay is loaded with knockoffs personally I wouldn't touch it for controllers.

A legit pro will have a gray USB cord that is about 7 feet long. It will also say Nintendo on the A-side of the cord(the part that plugs into the power source), and not be able to transmit data.

As far as battery its extremely long, and holds a charge.

As for deals you can sometimes score then cheap from the big stores like I paid $23 a pop for mine from bestbuy last year(hell some had them at $9 a piece in store)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii-U Pro Controller

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived