So the new Starfox game is episodic?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So the new Starfox game is episodic?

User Info: YogaPantsLover

YogaPantsLover
3 years ago#1
Why is this necessary? Why can't they just ship a complete game where you have a non-linear experience playing different levels depending on how you play the previous levels?

User Info: Granadico_

Granadico_
3 years ago#2
No. Its he meant that the story mode is gonna be like an episodic TV show, where each mission will be like an episode.

User Info: xavierakane

xavierakane
3 years ago#3
You are probably assuming it's going to be cut up into parts like the Walking Dead games. I took it as it is going to feel episodic like say Star Wars. It is a complete movie on it's own but they warrant a sequel.
NNID: xavierfranco
Link is a boy. - Biggest Shock to the World 2014

User Info: Sonytendo

Sonytendo
3 years ago#4
I think episodic content would be a good way to go with the game. There are very few Star Fox fans and with how unlikely the game is to be any good it would be a better way of monetizing a small fanbase. The real fans pay a hundred or so to get the entire thing and some others maybe spend a few bucks on only a few chapters.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
3 years ago#5
uh did we get news?
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: brando67854321

brando67854321
3 years ago#6
I'm still mad & baffled on why they make starfox wii u game instead of a f-zero wii u game granted f-zero never sold well since the snes but neither has starfox & the remake of starfox 64 sold terribly. and besides if people think f-zero should come to 3ds FIRST due to higher install base then why do people want the new starfox on wii u? And besides, the 3ds remake SHOULD HAVE been a new game.

User Info: Sonytendo

Sonytendo
3 years ago#7
AceMos posted...
uh did we get news?

Miyamoto interview from June

...One thing I’m thinking is that with this Star Fox we may take a different approach, so that rather than one big title we have multiple releases that are connected through different missions. If I was to describe the Star Fox series up until now as being sort of a movie series, I guess I’d describe this new approach as something that’s more like a TV series for Star Fox.

User Info: brando67854321

brando67854321
3 years ago#8
Sonytendo posted...

Miyamoto interview from June

...One thing I’m thinking is that with this Star Fox we may take a different approach, so that rather than one big title we have multiple releases that are connected through different missions. If I was to describe the Star Fox series up until now as being sort of a movie series, I guess I’d describe this new approach as something that’s more like a TV series for Star Fox.

Booooo! miyamoto you idiot! people wanted a FULL game not episodic!

User Info: Pink_a_Dink

Pink_a_Dink
3 years ago#9
How on earth could they make Star Fox episodic? Games like The Walking Dead have a deep story line so separate episodes kinda works because it actually feels like you're watching a TV show. In Star Fox you're always in a space ship just shooting at things. Unless they make it so you can actually get out of the ship and the game plays like a 3rd person shooter. That'd be kinda cool.
Without exaggeration, I can honestly say this is the best thing I've played this whole year, and its only a demo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7rgDikl0k

User Info: Granadico_

Granadico_
3 years ago#10
Pink_a_Dink posted...
How on earth could they make Star Fox episodic? Games like The Walking Dead have a deep story line so separate episodes kinda works because it actually feels like you're watching a TV show. In Star Fox you're always in a space ship just shooting at things. Unless they make it so you can actually get out of the ship and the game plays like a 3rd person shooter. That'd be kinda cool.

They did that exact thing for the GC Starfox game
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So the new Starfox game is episodic?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived