Super Smash Kart to replace Mario Kart, Yay or Nay?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Smash Kart to replace Mario Kart, Yay or Nay?

User Info: DerekRoss

DerekRoss
2 years ago#1
Super Smash Kart to replace Mario Kart, Yay or Nay? - Results (62 votes)
Yay
46.77% (29 votes)
Nay
40.32% (25 votes)
Yes, but alongside Mario Kart and not replace
12.9% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's be honest, Mario Kart is running low on ideas. Baby version of base characters?! I think this open a lot of doors to a better cast of characters, better soundtrack and more unique stages. Also not everyone love mario. A kart game that allow me to race with Samus would be amazing!

User Info: vermilion99

vermilion99
2 years ago#2
Why would anyone be against other Nintendo characters in Mario Kart? Does it seriously upset anyone?

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
2 years ago#3
The greatest of nays.

If it must exist, develop it as a separate and different type of racer alongside MK. I would be willing to have them re-purpose Excitebike, Wave Race, or 1080 Snowboarding's mechanics for a new Nintendo characters racer.
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/
My novel, now fully published online!

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
2 years ago#4
Since I'm not a huge Mario fan sure, I'll probably be playing Link almost exclusively now as it is.
http://psnprofiles.com/coreekymon
3DS FC: 3695-0124-0339

User Info: LightningRudHan

LightningRudHan
2 years ago#5
Nope. Smash is already bad enough.

DerekRoss
2 years ago#6
LightningRudHan posted...
Nope. Smash is already bad enough.

SSB is a one of a kind game.

User Info: The_Shadow_Link

The_Shadow_Link
2 years ago#7
Considering how borked the Mario Kart 8 roster is with far too many Baby Characters and Metal Clones, this is a good thing for me, as those will be the first characters to get the axe in the future.
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 72, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~

User Info: NintendoLover25

NintendoLover25
2 years ago#8
I prefer the other series to just be these add-on DLC things than the game be focused on that. I like the idea of minor characters and random enemies from Mario getting to be playable in something. Shy Guy for example, would never pass in a roster trying to represent all of Nintendo.

User Info: OMEGA RUGAL

OMEGA RUGAL
2 years ago#9
vermilion99 posted...
Why would anyone be against other Nintendo characters in Mario Kart? Does it seriously upset anyone?

Not against the idea of more characters from other series ... but I am against the name change.

The "Mario Kart" brand is bigger than Smash Bros. There is no need to change the name.
PSN & Live & NNID: Loadedklip
Heroes need to win all the time to be remembered. Villains only need to win once

DerekRoss
2 years ago#10
NintendoLover25 posted...
I prefer the other series to just be these add-on DLC things than the game be focused on that. I like the idea of minor characters and random enemies from Mario getting to be playable in something. Shy Guy for example, would never pass in a roster trying to represent all of Nintendo.

For a game where everyone is unique like smash bros may be a problem but kart racing is different. They might be able to squeeze in 100+ characters easily if they wanted to.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Smash Kart to replace Mario Kart, Yay or Nay?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived