Why can't Nintendo get their online together?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why can't Nintendo get their online together?

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
2 years ago#51
ukokira1 posted...
DSP has crap internet.

He should stop downloading pron while he games.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
2 years ago#52
VanderZoo posted...
You're a fanboy and you'll defend Nintendo no matter what. Most people's connections are buttery smooth, really? How do you know that, where's that info coming from, what poll or source do you have to prove it?

All of the videos that are online showing perfect connections, or all the user threads saying how they've had a great experience so far...vs. your one video from a guy with known net issues. Gee, I wonder which is more reliable. Use your head

It's just something random you said.

And his internet is better than most, especially people outside of the states, like myself.

If it were better than most he wouldn't constantly be complaining about having issues with so many games. His net sucks. And your comment about people outside the states having better internet is just baffling considering how many nations there are that have better net than the US. It's like every argument you make is flawed or just plain incorrect.
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
2 years ago#53
Starwars4J posted...
If it were better than most he wouldn't constantly be complaining about having issues with so many games. His net sucks. And your comment about people outside the states having better internet is just baffling considering how many nations there are that have better net than the US. It's like every argument you make is flawed or just plain incorrect.

That's anecdotal, you've got no way of knowing what proportion of people playing online are experience terrible lag or not.

And it's DPS's schitk to complain about lag, or anything. In most online games you can't see the lag, and he's just blaming his death on it. In this video you can clearly see it's running like a slideshow.

I don't know what you're talking about with nations outside of the US having better internet speeds, I think you mistyped what you wrote because it didn't make sense, and it didn't make sense in response to what I said.

User Info: NovaLevossida

NovaLevossida
2 years ago#54
Even DSP is right sometimes. When he's right, you know something is really ****ed with whatever game he's playing.

For myself, most matches when 1v1 are good. There are some people who lag real hard though even in 1v1. I really want them to add in a connection strength display so I can know when I'm being matched with a laggy guy so I can just not play him.
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
2 years ago#55
NovaLevossida posted...
Even DSP is right sometimes. When he's right, you know something is really ****ed with whatever game he's playing.

For myself, most matches when 1v1 are good. There are some people who lag real hard though even in 1v1. I really want them to add in a connection strength display so I can know when I'm being matched with a laggy guy so I can just not play him.

Yeah simple stuff, like being able to see someone's connection strength, only match with players with a good-to-strong connection speed etc. Basic stuff Nintendo could add to improve the experience.

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
2 years ago#56
VanderZoo posted...
That's anecdotal, you've got no way of knowing what proportion of people playing online are experience terrible lag or not.

And yet here you are complaining that Nintendo "needs to get their act together" because you saw one video with lag with a dude with a clearly terrible internet connection. You couldn't have possibly been more obviousl

And it's DPS's schitk to complain about lag, or anything.

I'm glad that you're agreeing with me.

I don't know what you're talking about with nations outside of the US having better internet speeds, I think you mistyped what you wrote because it didn't make sense, and it didn't make sense in response to what I said.

You said in rather broken English "his internet is better than most, especially those outside of the states like myself". If his internet is better than most, and ESPECIALLY better than that of those outside the states, you're saying that the net speeds in the US are, on average, better than those outside the US. That could not be much further from the truth.

http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

User Info: Schwepps01

Schwepps01
2 years ago#57
lmao. ive seen better online and more options such as seeing user ping in f2p games.

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
2 years ago#58
Schwepps01 posted...
lmao. ive seen better online and more options such as seeing user ping in f2p games.

That's not in Sony games either... but only matters if its a Nintendo game ...
Decade: A period of ten years beginning with a year whose last digit is zero:
The decade of the 1980s.

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
2 years ago#59
Indeed it sucks that smash at least doesn't have an option to connect to people based on their connection.

User Info: Jackal

Jackal
2 years ago#60
I thought the lag was my tablet trying to stream the YouTube video over wifi but it wasn't.

And why is it so hard to ring out someone in that game? Almost everyone can be saved and float back into the arena.
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why can't Nintendo get their online together?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived