Why can't Nintendo get their online together?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why can't Nintendo get their online together?

User Info: BoundHunters

BoundHunters
2 years ago#61
I tried the online for the first time yesterday...

Yes, it was bad. I'm hoping it was just a bad day, and that it's better than that in the long run, but yeah, it was unplayable.
~~Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) + Game & Watch Gallery 3 (GBC) + Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U)...and Gamer. Forget FNAF, Gamer is the scariest!~~

User Info: AhnoldDood

AhnoldDood
2 years ago#62
It's bad enough TC used DSP as a means to insult a game (literally digging in the bottom of the barrel), now he's honestly trying to claim (he and a bunch of other trolls) that the game is "unplayably laggy". This board, man,
http://jp7.r0tt.com/l_b29b5cc0-d1af-11e1-a806-4f908e000007.jpg

User Info: KevaSan

KevaSan
2 years ago#63
VanderZoo posted...
Starwars4J posted...
That's funny, most people have experienced buttery smooth online unless they have archaic internet connections

*Checks watch* Yep, Nintendo Defense Force right on time.

dude, it depends on your connection and your enemy's.

I did 20 matches FG and it was smooth all the time.

User Info: ljkkjlcm9

ljkkjlcm9
2 years ago#64
Jackal posted...
I thought the lag was my tablet trying to stream the YouTube video over wifi but it wasn't.

And why is it so hard to ring out someone in that game? Almost everyone can be saved and float back into the arena.

Thats honestly my personal biggest gripe about the game. Unless you blow someone to the point they explode off the screen they can pretty much always reach back to the stage.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
2 years ago#65
Oh, this kind of stuff never happens in online games being played on XBLive and PSN. Never!

LOL.

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
2 years ago#66
I have 50megs dl and 3 megs ul and a router built specifically to give online gaming the priority for a smooth connection. I've had buttery smooth online matches most of the time, but there are still some extremely laggy matches that render the game unplayable.

Anyone saying it's solely the fault of someones ISP is dead wrong.
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
2 years ago#67
Nintendo does not give a crap about any region other than Japan. We get thier games, yes, but nearly all of thier decisions put JP at the forefront. Online gaming isn't as "mandatory" in that region as it is elsewhere, so they don't really bother making any effort to build up a network infrastructure at all. To be fair, it's not easy and if you don't go at it full-hearted it ends up blowing up in your face from time to time(Sony).

But yeah, unless the motherland actually starts seeing a rise in online gaming, don't expect Nintendo to do anything but force others to drag them kicking and screaming to the online frontier. Hell, between friend codes nonsense and the lack of a truly unified account system(something we've had since the late 90s on PC) it seems most of the actions they take towards online gaming is out of spite, not advancement.

And it's laughable that people are arguing that "B-b-b-but no one's internet infrastructure is perfect". It's obvious that Nintendo is stuck in the Stone Age technology wise and have no interest in moving forward. Why actually be innovative in any real way when we can just give Mario a new hat or force you to control Link with a Wiimote up your butt cheeks and have our drones call that "innovation"?
-- PSN: GiggaGMikeE -- 3DS FC: 0748-3100-6541 --
Big Boss of Team Ratchet

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
2 years ago#68
GeminiX7 posted...
Nintendo does not give a crap about any region other than Japan. We get thier games, yes, but nearly all of thier decisions put JP at the forefront. Online gaming isn't as "mandatory" in that region as it is elsewhere, so they don't really bother making any effort to build up a network infrastructure at all. To be fair, it's not easy and if you don't go at it full-hearted it ends up blowing up in your face from time to time(Sony).

But yeah, unless the motherland actually starts seeing a rise in online gaming, don't expect Nintendo to do anything but force others to drag them kicking and screaming to the online frontier. Hell, between friend codes nonsense and the lack of a truly unified account system(something we've had since the late 90s on PC) it seems most of the actions they take towards online gaming is out of spite, not advancement.

And it's laughable that people are arguing that "B-b-b-but no one's internet infrastructure is perfect". It's obvious that Nintendo is stuck in the Stone Age technology wise and have no interest in moving forward. Why actually be innovative in any real way when we can just give Mario a new hat or force you to control Link with a Wiimote up your butt cheeks and have our drones call that "innovation"?

What does any of this have to do with lag that is present in just about every online multiplayer game on all platforms depending on the player connections?

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
2 years ago#69
Lol, that's your example of bad lag? I've had WAY worse already.

The game tends to be smooth in about 80-90% of matches, but when it's bad, it's REALLY bad. I had one match with like 30+ frames of input delay, and I also had one with constant 1 second pausing throughout the match. Of course, I've had tons of bad matches on 3DS, too.
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - A psychological fantasy novel, now fully posted online!

User Info: ukokira1

ukokira1
2 years ago#70
I can pull up laggy footage of any game online and claim that it's online is crap and archaic. The difference is how many people say that it's laggy.

The majority here have had little to no lag while there's only about 10 really loud complainers who love to do walls of text.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.18
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why can't Nintendo get their online together?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived