is there anything that Wii can do that wii U+ gamecube cant???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. is there anything that Wii can do that wii U+ gamecube cant???

User Info: Flame552

Flame552
3 years ago#11
creep50 posted...
meiyuki posted...
creep50 posted...
Gensokyo posted...
Use GC controllers on Wii games.

but where there many games aside from brawl that where preferable with the gamecube controller?

and wont the new gamecube adapter let you play with the gamecube controller anyway??

The gamecube adapter works with one game and one game only. Nintendo is so far unwilling to patch the OS to allow everything to support it. Of course the smarter design would have been to just make a pro-controller shaped like a GC controller but that would make too much sense for nintendo.

wait then one extra question...not really relating to the topic...but does the ''new'' gamecube cotroller (smash 4 controller) work on the classic gamecube??

i was thinking about rebuying one and it would be nice to have a new fresh controller with it

Yes. It's literally the same thing. They didn't make a controller just like it, they made more GC controllers.

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
3 years ago#12
creep50 posted...
wait then one extra question...not really relating to the topic...but does the ''new'' gamecube cotroller (smash 4 controller) work on the classic gamecube??

i was thinking about rebuying one and it would be nice to have a new fresh controller with it

Yes, the new GC controllers are legitimate Gamecube controllers in every way, and will work with the original cube.
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - A psychological fantasy novel, now fully posted online!

User Info: Tellyboi

Tellyboi
3 years ago#13
creep50 posted...
since the wii u can play wii games is there anything that is exclusive to just the regular wii??

there is, not playing in HD.

User Info: Gensokyo

Gensokyo
3 years ago#14
Tellyboi posted...
creep50 posted...
since the wii u can play wii games is there anything that is exclusive to just the regular wii??

there is, not playing in HD.

Lolno, you can do that on the Wii U as well.
3DS FC: 4742 - 5987 - 5552

User Info: zado19

zado19
3 years ago#15
it can allow people to make topics as dumb as this........
FC: 2449-5775-0135 Madness
NNID: CommanderMadness

User Info: creep50

creep50
3 years ago#16
zado19 posted...
it can allow people to make topics as dumb as this........

well that was uncalled for

do you need a lolly ???
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4

User Info: KevaSan

KevaSan
3 years ago#17
Play DDR Hottest Party 2.

(Unless you play with Wiimotes).

The DDR carpets are Gamecube slots, but it's a Wii game.

But now, with the adaptor...

User Info: Blouge

Blouge
3 years ago#18
>> and wont the new gamecube adapter let you play with the gamecube controller anyway??
>Not in Wii games.

I read that it may work in Wii VC N64 titles if you start Smash Bros with the gamecube adapter, and then Close Software, then switch to the Wii VC N64 game. The Smash games does something to turn on the adapter and the effect lasts until you power the console down.

User Info: adampeltz

adampeltz
3 years ago#19
Blouge posted...
>> and wont the new gamecube adapter let you play with the gamecube controller anyway??
>Not in Wii games.

I read that it may work in Wii VC N64 titles if you start Smash Bros with the gamecube adapter, and then Close Software, then switch to the Wii VC N64 game. The Smash games does something to turn on the adapter and the effect lasts until you power the console down.

I doubt that. The OS doesn't even recognize the GCN controller.
I passed :-)
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0 | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. is there anything that Wii can do that wii U+ gamecube cant???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived