Man oh man, I'm really enjoying Wind Waker HD.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Man oh man, I'm really enjoying Wind Waker HD.

User Info: mrhappyguy12345

mrhappyguy12345
3 years ago#1
People actually hated the original when it came out? I'm ashamed to be associated with those folks.

Great visuals
Great combat
Fresh take on characters and setting
Smooth controls
Good length, a lot to explore.
Save The Last Humans

User Info: oOo_SOX_oOo

oOo_SOX_oOo
3 years ago#2
Its a shorter game compared to OoT, TP, and SS, but it is solid from start to finish. It offered a different taste, and in the end, the haters of the visuals were wrong.
Wii U Online ID: JETS4EVER
PSN PS4 ID: JETS4EVER1992

User Info: Gensokyo

Gensokyo
3 years ago#3
People hated the original? I thought it was only a few vocal haters out there. Almost everywhere I see people expressing their love for the game.
3DS FC: 4742 - 5987 - 5552

User Info: Ghost-inZeShell

Ghost-inZeShell
3 years ago#4
I always loved Wind Waker.
BUBBLES

User Info: DRX777

DRX777
3 years ago#5
Gensokyo posted...
People hated the original? I thought it was only a few vocal haters out there. Almost everywhere I see people expressing their love for the game.

Yeah, back in the day people would point to it as evidence that the Gamecube was for kids. Folks would call it "Celda" like that was an insult. It was not a popular game at the time, but it aged real well, and by the time Twilight Princess came out most people were saying they liked Celda all along. :P
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
http://www.rockband.com/users/Dark_Raven_X

User Info: chex81

chex81
3 years ago#6
the game is nearly perfect except...

Triforce fetch quest...ruined replayability for me. Ive replayed and beat every Zelda game 3 times except WW, even for WWHD i gave up at the Tri- fetch quest...its so bad.
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i

User Info: Zayzie

Zayzie
3 years ago#7
DRX777 posted...
Gensokyo posted...

Yeah, back in the day people would point to it as evidence that the Gamecube was for kids. Folks would call it "Celda" like that was an insult. It was not a popular game at the time, but it aged real well, and by the time Twilight Princess came out most people were saying they liked Celda all along. :P

The celda this is true...before release people hated on the childish graphics. Once it release the reasonable people changed their tune...only the blatant trolls continued to insult it. I'm still disappointed that they cut dungeons from the game and gave us mostly empty blue space and tedious travelling. But it was still a great game.
Now we see the violence inherent in the system!... Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

User Info: sugarshaneo7

sugarshaneo7
3 years ago#8
chex81 posted...
the game is nearly perfect except...

Triforce fetch quest...ruined replayability for me. Ive replayed and beat every Zelda game 3 times except WW, even for WWHD i gave up at the Tri- fetch quest...its so bad.

That's been improved significantly in the HD remake. That's what made me not finish the game on game cube. You must be either doing something wrong or you have no idea what you're doing because it wasn't a hassle for me.

User Info: Quad4Life

Quad4Life
3 years ago#9
The original Wind Waker was awesome and so is the HD remake

User Info: Ccroybb

Ccroybb
3 years ago#10
I'm not wasting my money on the Wii U port, but the original game on Gamecube was excellent. The artstyle understandably turned off many people from the game, but underneath that was a great, fun game with lots to do. Easily my favorite Zelda game.
Gamefaqs mods are terrible.
Gamefaqs always cheers me up when I'm miserable because I get to see how much more pathetic my life could be.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Man oh man, I'm really enjoying Wind Waker HD.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived