i actually see nintendo going third party as a very bad outcome for the fans

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. i actually see nintendo going third party as a very bad outcome for the fans
Clint_Barton posted...
BoundHunters posted...
Going 3rd party helps no one.
It doesn't help them.
It doesn't help the fans.
It just helps the other companies get more money.

Here's a better option: Get better management. Get a new marketing team. Get a new president in both North America and Japan.

It actually helps me a lot. Lets me play their software without having to buy their hardware. Nintendo: good software, bad hardware. Going third party would solve a lot of problems where the hardware negatively impacts the gaming experience. Not to mention them actually having to directly compete with others will put an end to a lot of the bad practices, missing features, and underwhelming online services they offer in games.

What software?

Nintendo would be reduced to the following:

Zelda
Smash Bro
Pokemon
Mario platformer
Mario Kart
And every once in a while something else.

DKC. Gone? Yoshi platformers? Gone. Kirby. F-Zero. Metroid. Gone gone gone!
I dont want too much attention to the fact I let a steamer go in my underwear. - monday nitro

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
2 years ago#22
It already started with the mobile gaming part, that deal with DeNa.

At this point, if the NX fails..... they either go full handheld and mobile or go 3rd party....

I would prefer them going 3rd party than stay in that cheap handheld game business. its not a bad thing as long as metroid and zelda are still there, I couldnt care less about nintendo's console business. You are all forced to admit that nintendo didnt make the best decisions regarding home console and handheld hardware in the past 3 years which lead to today...

Having a full metroid or zelda game on other consoles is still better than not having any game at all or only having some FF type of spin off games on handheld. I will never understand people who are against this

What if Sony were to be forced out of business because they made a bunch of bad decisions and didnt listen to the gamers (like nintendo is doing right now) ? Right now, Sony is making tons of money with playstation so its unlikely to happen but in the future you never know. It would be a shame to see great IPs like TLOU or Uncharted disapear, I would prefer them going 3rd party over nothing.

User Info: meiyuki

meiyuki
2 years ago#23
These topics are always fun cause all the "fans" like the TC come out to say they really don't believe nintendo is a good software developer.

User Info: Nemerlight

Nemerlight
2 years ago#24
It would be awesome. Mario Kart on my PS5 and Pokemon my phone. I would be very happy
Please Understand.
http://imgur.com/gallery/5fllW52

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
2 years ago#25
The thing most people miss about the whole "Nintendo going 3rd party" is that not everyone is interested in Nintendo games. Even with a bigger install base, it doesn't guarantee that millions of more copies will be bought. Demand for most of Nintendo's franchises won't magically grow because its on the PlayStation; niche is still niche.
Shameless plug: http://robotsgamesliberalism.blogspot.com/
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom

User Info: Liveshiptrader

Liveshiptrader
2 years ago#26
SegavsCapcom posted...
The thing most people miss about the whole "Nintendo going 3rd party" is that not everyone is interested in Nintendo games. Even with a bigger install base, it doesn't guarantee that millions of more copies will be bought. Demand for most of Nintendo's franchises won't magically grow because its on the PlayStation; niche is still niche.

From a marketing perspective this is false, last year had a terrible line-up because they held out until the consoles built an install base, Steam dominates PC sales because of it's install base.

There is no real downside for fans of Nintendo if they where to go third party, the argument that they would be beholden to other companies is not true anymore than CDprojeckt Red or Bethesda are beholden to Microsoft or Sony. Nintendo would make the same games and you would require one less console.

User Info: Lelouch71

Lelouch71
2 years ago#27
Nintendo would essentially be dead to me if they did go third party thankfully they won't. And yes I would rather they die than sell out like Sega did. Now Sega is pretty much done with consoles outside of Sonic and maybe Yakuza.
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"

User Info: bicboi64

bicboi64
2 years ago#28
What happened to sega would happen to them

User Info: AlexPuma

AlexPuma
2 years ago#29
If Nintendo was ever in dire enough straights to need to go third party, I'd imagine they would have sold off or shut down most of their studios first, leaving them an empty shell. Then they'd focus on only the games that are guaranteed to print money. Mario and Zelda. Not Pokemon because by this point Game Freak is independent, and not Kirby because HAL Labs is also gone. Not Fire Emblem because Sony bought Intelligent Systems. They still have Smash Bros, but at this point Sakurai went full indy and they'd need to outsource to a western developer to develop it, and not Retro because by this point Microsoft bought them out. They'd still be difficult to work with, be very temperamental, and will cancel games at the drop of a hat if it isn't guaranteed to print money.

So in other words, they would turn into Konami.
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott

User Info: omescythe

omescythe
2 years ago#30
is it not odd that nintendo making of what fans called best games in gaming don,t think nintendo could compete against 3rd party games even though they think 3rd party devs are scared to compete with nintendo because of their games. some how nintendos magic is all because of a cheap knock off of an xbox1 with a diffrent controller. that losing that diffrent controller which they could have on other consoles just like rock band controllers and having to work on a more powerfull system that does have varing art style which are not all the awful realistic style that nintendo would be like sega and become awful. even though nintendo is supposed to be the best game makers that gameplay is their focus but some how they lose the ability to do great gameplay if they didn,t have theire own system they made. its hard to believe that nintendos bad hardware is all that separates them making great game to making bad games.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. i actually see nintendo going third party as a very bad outcome for the fans

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived