Oh no! Nintendo isn't aiming to make NX as powerful as PS4 and X1.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Oh no! Nintendo isn't aiming to make NX as powerful as PS4 and X1.

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
2 years ago#271
not__shawn__z posted...
Oh, that guy has credibility and this has been Nintendo's motive for over a decade now. It's a reasonable, logically assumption

Anyone could have predicted a collection would come out with those systems. No seriously, if remasters of last-gen games and past/current systems having collections already didn't make it obvious in the first place.
I'm gonna enjoy playing Nintendo games, and you can't stop me.
http://tinyurl.com/p9gk8xg - http://tinyurl.com/nnff2sk

User Info: Who_Dat504

Who_Dat504
2 years ago#272
DiscostewSM posted...
Who_Dat504 posted...
enterthemadrox posted...
Artillatron8 posted...
http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2015/07/04/insider-nintendo-nx-is-not-aiming-to-compete-on-a-power-level-with-ps4/

Just when we thought nintendo couldn't possibly get anymore stupid. They proved they still haven't learned and are completely out of touch with reality. That's it, I'm getting a PS4 next year.

I already have a PS4 but other than Batman: Arkham Knight, it's only good as a blu ray player and to occasionally watch WWE Network due to a lack of something Nintendo does best: games.

Right on this guy gets it. Just look at all the amazing games the Wii U got this year.
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/wii-u?year_selected=2015&sort=desc

As opposed to the others which split off games into individual entries because they're "episodes" and DLC packs? Heck, RER2 not only has each episode individually listed, but the full game itself is also listed individually.

What does that have to do with the Wii U only having 14 releases this year and the top rated game being dlc. That is horrible for a system in its 3rd year.
Saints, LSU, and Pelicans fan!

User Info: Zeroforce14

Zeroforce14
2 years ago#273
the NX is a program
effort at zero, influence at on

User Info: AkaneJones

AkaneJones
2 years ago#274
Oh look a stupid rumor that we've topic about before, there are only two way to read this. NX is actually a 3DS successor, and there for can not be shooting for PS4 power. Or NX is its own thing that is clearly stronger than WiiU, but isn't intended to consider PS4 power as a measure of what is needed. If it is indeed supposed to replace WiiU as an actual console that attracts 3rd parties it must be in PS4 Xbone range or better. There is no point in making another weaker than Xbone console, if is isn't a handheld, because developers won't want to port games any more than WiiU.

And the idea of playing or porting iOS Modile games over is a joke, people aren't going to want one for that. So those other rumors aren't a reason to make a console.

User Info: D__Rock

D__Rock
2 years ago#275
thats like yamcha trying to fight majin buu.
PS4/PS3 PSN: D_Rock_Z75
Destiny PVP, Bounties, Crota End, VoG, and Nightfall weekly. Add me

User Info: EsperValkyrie

EsperValkyrie
2 years ago#276
Here is the thing: if the Wii U tablet controller accounted for almost half the system cost at purchase, removing the tablet and going with a standard controller would allow the price to not only remain fairly low, but also invest more into the cost of the unit itself per console. That said I take this with a grain of salt. The fact that someone predicted an overpriced special edition of the next entry in a popular series is no big deal honestly, and Unseen64 is a bastion of info about older, unreleased projects, not info on as of yet released hardware.
"thou art I, and I am Thou..."

User Info: Omega_Zero_XP

Omega_Zero_XP
2 years ago#277
AstralFrost posted...
Omega_Zero_XP posted...
The 3ds is less powerful than the vita: no one cares

The next home console (if that's even what it is) isn't as powerful as the ps4: everyone cries foul

3DS got games of its own, Wii U got mostly downgraded PS3 ports and none from PS4.

So... it not the power... its the *gasp* games that make a console successful?!

That was not aimed at you btw. Just making a point
"She's pretty much Scarface mixed with Mary Poppins." - Hop103 on Senran Kagura's Mirai
23 Amiibo collected. 10+ more to go. I don't have a problem!

User Info: pnyhmsmx

pnyhmsmx
2 years ago#278
EsperValkyrie posted...
Here is the thing: if the Wii U tablet controller accounted for almost half the system cost at purchase, removing the tablet and going with a standard controller would allow the price to not only remain fairly low, but also invest more into the cost of the unit itself per console. That said I take this with a grain of salt. The fact that someone predicted an overpriced special edition of the next entry in a popular series is no big deal honestly, and Unseen64 is a bastion of info about older, unreleased projects, not info on as of yet released hardware.
As of 08/19/2014, Masahiro Sakurai ascended into a higher plane of existence, as Hentai Sakurai.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
2 years ago#279
lol. the nintendo fanboy is hard at work with his reassurance posts.

User Info: Lefty128k

Lefty128k
2 years ago#280
squatch22 posted...
LeftLiney showing off his usual hypocrisy

Really? What did I do or say that's hypocritical?

foreverzero14 posted...
Nintendo wont die. If the NX fails, they'll go full handheld. After all, the 3DS is doing fine.

No it's not.

Most consoles/handhelds rise in sales, peak, and then fall.

3DS first year, after the panic price drop, was its best year of sales. After that, nothing but steady drops in sales. No rise, no peak, just falling sales from the first year.

squatch22 posted...
CaiusIce posted...
3ds came out first than the vita.

Just like Wii U...

But Wii U came out about 6-7 years after the last-gen consoles, and yet is only equal-to or marginally stronger than them.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Oh no! Nintendo isn't aiming to make NX as powerful as PS4 and X1.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived