Oh no! Nintendo isn't aiming to make NX as powerful as PS4 and X1.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Oh no! Nintendo isn't aiming to make NX as powerful as PS4 and X1.

User Info: Medisti

Medisti
2 years ago#41
GroovyTonberry posted...
metroxil posted...
22 million people disagree.

Look at how much their games go for $10-$20 dollars not even a month after release. That's the only way they sell millions.
And I'm talking about game value here

Please give an example of a full priced game dropping to $10-$20 less than a month after release. You can use any gen ever as an example if it helps.

I remember Rayman Legends dropping in price really fast. In fact, a lot of Ubisoft games plummet a month after release.

User Info: NE_OC

NE_OC
2 years ago#42
dddddLuffy posted...
Nintendo is the best Sony/Microsoft supported.Trying in every way to get their fans on other consoles.

This made me laugh.
Looks like the angel was, in reality a demon cruel enough to kill you slow and painfully.
- Vote Isaac for Smash! http://imgur.com/eJ6zuhT

User Info: imthestuntman

imthestuntman
2 years ago#43
If the price is 250 with a game, there is limited gimmicks that cant be avoided, and there is a strong launch line up who cares? The fact the wii u has none of these things is why i havent bought it.
These minor spelling errors were brought to you by an ipad having no real feedback to enable me to know when i mistype and my own laziness.

User Info: metroxil

metroxil
2 years ago#44
GroovyTonberry posted...
metroxil posted...

Look at how much their games go for $10-$20 dollars not even a month after release. That's the only way they sell millions.

Please give an example of a full priced game dropping to $10-$20 less than a month after release. You can use any gen ever as an example if it helps.

you know that big budget game called The Order of 1886
Most gamers are casuals

User Info: metroxil

metroxil
2 years ago#45
PS4Warrior posted...
metroxil posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
People still buy ps4 games at full price too, but sales and lowering prices help :)

i have no doubt they will drop the price eventually, but looking at how many of Nintendo's own million sellers went for full price compared to sony's the former makes the most money out of it.

And yet the games still have value, which is the original argument

Somethings are cheap for a reason.
Most gamers are casuals

User Info: SuperNerdSoren

SuperNerdSoren
2 years ago#46
I don't mind this at all.
3DS: 2406-5192-8968 | Rotation battles ONLY | Safari: Electric (Pikachu/Dedenne/Galvantula)
I'm a Nintendo fanboy who only buys Nintendo games. Deal with it.

User Info: Bottler0cket

Bottler0cket
2 years ago#47
metroxil posted...
GroovyTonberry posted...
metroxil posted...

you know that big budget game called The Order of 1886

A new copy of the order is currently $25-$30 on amazon. So no, a month after it's release it was not $10-$20.

User Info: ScottMcDohl

ScottMcDohl
2 years ago#48
It's worth discussing...

... but there are like 3 other topics dude.

User Info: FalxXD

FalxXD
2 years ago#49
lightningbugx posted...
Now to insert some logic

Here is the quote from the post:

"The NX is definitely not aiming to compete with the likes of PS4 on a power level"

What does this mean? NX's is not being design to compete with the PS4 in power.

What does this not confirm?
- Does not confirm NX having low specs, or high specs.
- Does not confirm NX is not competing against any other console in terms of power
- Does not confirm NX will have or not have at least 1 "gimmick", as some call it.

This statement means absolutely nothing.
I was modded once for saying please understand, when I challenged it the mod said please understand.

User Info: DarkAdonis123

DarkAdonis123
2 years ago#50
Medisti posted...
PS4Warrior posted...
metroxil posted...
gameryoshi
There is this thing called value which Sony's games have none.

They bought it because of brand recognition, hype, and marketing. The PS4 is a good system, and it's library is starting to get worthwhile, but it's not exactly a great value.

It's not exactly great value, to YOU.
Through 2011, Wii's third party support was on par with or better than PS3's -Terotrous (Wii U board)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Oh no! Nintendo isn't aiming to make NX as powerful as PS4 and X1.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived