Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a surprisingly great game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a surprisingly great game

User Info: fumenight

fumenight
2 years ago#21
The_Ninjadillo posted...
The thing about Hyrule Warriors is that it's repetitive, yeah, but what you're doing so repetitively is so much fun. Not to mention the soundtrack is fantastic, there's tons of combos (and weapons!) to unlock, each character plays very differently, there's a ridiculous amount of content, over 30 challenge modes, etc. etc. Yeah, it's mindless, but it's very fun to sit back and relax to kill a few thousand bad guys.

I know that feel, but Hyrule Warriors definitely doesn't give it to me. Different strokes.

Captain Toad just feels... dull to me. Again, like I said earlier, it's a good game, but not my cup of joe.

I felt the same way when I played it in SM3DW--I think the gameplay was so different (a slow, non-jumping character solving puzzles...) that it just suffered by comparison. But taking it on its own terms as a separate game I'm finding I'm really enjoying it.

User Info: piranhapete

piranhapete
2 years ago#22
I agree! It has a lot of content and is surprisingly diverse and well done. I was really glad to have picked it up as one of my first Wii U games.
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen! So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
Birdo deserves a bigger role in the Mario series!

User Info: Pink_a_Dink

Pink_a_Dink
2 years ago#23
It's surprisingly decent fun, but it got a little boring and repetitive for me personally. I still haven't finished it. I left off in the middle of book 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grtEt0Cudt8
Screw PS4, XB1, and Wii U. Gamesphere is where it's at. Its spherical! SPHERICAL!!!

User Info: Tails 64

Tails 64
2 years ago#24
Pink_a_Dink posted...
It's surprisingly decent fun, but it got a little boring and repetitive for me personally. I still haven't finished it. I left off in the middle of book 2.

I can see how you feel. It was okay, but I found a number of levels quite dull. And I sometimes found myself moving the camera around like crazy more than actually playing...
LearnToLearn101.Blogspot.com
My website with tips for college survival and academic writing. I hope it helps someone.

User Info: NintendoLover25

NintendoLover25
2 years ago#25
For me it wasn't surprising. As soon as I played the Captain Toad levels in 3D World I was craving more.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a surprisingly great game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived