Every disc gives error "Invalid Disc"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Every disc gives error "Invalid Disc"

User Info: Oxn518

Oxn518
10 months ago#11
DekuFireMage posted...
Oxn518 posted...
Might as well get a new system off ebay.

You'd be lucky to find one of acceptable quality for around $100, much less a new one.

Im talking just the system itself, no gamepad.

So yes, you can.
i7 3770k | Zotac GTX 1060 | 16gig DDR3 ram

User Info: Ryu X

Ryu X
10 months ago#12
Oxn518 posted...

DekuFireMage posted...
Oxn518 posted...

You'd be lucky to find one of acceptable quality for around $100, much less a new one.

Disc drives are the first thing to go on systems getting a used one could be bad news since you do not know how much wear and tear is on the drive.

User Info: Jump_Fangirl

Jump_Fangirl
9 months ago#13
This has been a big enough nightmare to put a dent in this lifelong nintendo fan's impression of them. I apparently have a later era WiiU and finding a replacement drive has been so difficult. All the ones I find are for earlier WiiU models. This close sourced garbage also means it's so hard to find out any information about the hardware of the WiiU they just want me to buy another one I'm pretty sure. Still hoping I can find the correct drive but if I can't by next week probably just going to buy another WiiU and make sure it's an older model this time so a replacement drive would be easy to get.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
9 months ago#14
This happened to my Wii each time I tried to play Mario Kart: Double Dash.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: XeroShinobi

XeroShinobi
9 months ago#15
As long as you can get a hold of the damn thing, actually replacing the drive shouldn't be that difficult. It's one of the more simple repairs one can do to a system.
Founder of The Gallinaceous Pea Sea Mustard Rice.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Every disc gives error "Invalid Disc"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived