Would Metroid in the vein of breath of the wild work?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Would Metroid in the vein of breath of the wild work?

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
4 months ago#61
Oh hell no. Zelda didn't even work as BOTW, why would anything else?

User Info: kranix1

kranix1
3 months ago#62
Can we at least agree it would work better than Federation Forces?
Literally if it wasn't Nintendo I would return the god damn thing and never f***ing buy another Nintendo product again.- hilliet

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#63
kidrobot posted...
nah
the prime series proved otherwise, it was a right step even though everyone was hesitant
id be down for a more open sandbox metroid game

Uh, the Prime series still largely confined you corridors, with a few more open areas here and there, but it was far from an open-world game. I don't think open-world would work with Metroid because it's supposed to have a somewhat cramped, eerie, horror-like atmosphere, complete with atmospheric music, and that doesn't really translate to a large open world.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
3 months ago#64
JKatarn posted...
I don't think open-world would work with Metroid because it's supposed to have a somewhat cramped, eerie, horror-like atmosphere, complete with atmospheric music

How many games is this true for, though? The original game/Zero Mission doesn't really have a horror-like atmosphere until Chozodia. The first Prime game has a horror-like atmosphere, but not the other two. Metroid II...kinda has a similar atmosphere, when you fight a metroid (which only start moving when they fully appear on the screen).
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Would Metroid in the vein of breath of the wild work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived