What games will be hard-to-find/rare/expensive?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games will be hard-to-find/rare/expensive?

User Info: PresidentPanda

PresidentPanda
2 months ago#31
Citan22 posted...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mario-3D-World-for-Nintendo-Wii-U-Factory-Sealed-Not-Nintendo-Selects-/262351829649?epid=175959727&hash=item3d15633a91:g:8P8AAOSwAvJW9Hpf

Wow. That seller is an idiot.
My Mario Maker levels:
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/CONKER-RULES

User Info: LordBowser

LordBowser
2 months ago#32
dr_zomberg posted...
wii sports R physical.

bayonetta 2 with 1 will also become rarer as the game is no longer being made, and neither is the system.
regardless of its price now, get it, before it becomes worse later.

I had a hard time finding Bayonetta 1 & 2, but I did manage to find a copy. Just getting 2 by itself is easy enough though.
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!

User Info: LordBowser

LordBowser
2 months ago#33
I own every Wii U game I can think of that I wanted ... with the exception of Paper Mario Color Splash, which I am waiting to see how the price fluctuates. At worst I can get it digital.

Rarity doesn't matter to me; I can appreciate a physical game but it's only special to me if there is something special about it. for instance I own the Collector's Edition of several Zelda games but if it were not for that, I'd simply buy them digital without a second thought.

As for rare games I wish I had gotten for any console... I've always wished I had gotten a copy of SMW + Super Mario Allstars (the combo game) for the SNES. I have both, but only as separate games. That's a collector's item I really wish I had.
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
2 months ago#34
LordBowser posted...
As for rare games I wish I had gotten for any console... I've always wished I had gotten a copy of SMW + Super Mario Allstars (the combo game) for the SNES. I have both, but only as separate games. That's a collector's item I really wish I had.

i got a SNES late, around '98/'99.. ToysRUs still had new jr/mini models on the shelf. LttP was the first game i bought for it (new copy from an online store, believe it or not.. cost $24 total).

after that i remember being in an EB or Funcoland and rummaging through a large bargain bin of SNES cartridges. i distinctly remember having the choice of buying SMW and All-Stars separately or on the single cartridge.. and choosing to go with the 2 separate cartridges solely because it would make my fledgling collection look bigger, while the combo cart would essentially do the opposite lol.

this is just one of the stupid things i've come to regret doing when it comes to the SNES.. another is getting rid of a copy of Knights of the Round after a friend had given it to me for FREE.. or selling back a copy of SMRPG (that also only happened to cost me $24, now that i think about it).
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned
Gamertag/NNID: Bonepill

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
2 months ago#35
NES_Gamer1988 posted...
the rare games for the Wii U of regular releases are

Hello Kitty Kruisers - not yet
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad - not yet
Funky Barn - GOT
Hot Wheels Worlds Best Diver - no idea if that even got a EU release
Mario and Sonic at the rio olympic games - not yet
Wii Sports Club - GOT
The Croods - ???
New Super Luigi U - GOT
Devils Third - GOT
Smurfs 2 - GOT

Do not forget
Snoopy
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Bayonetta 1+2 Special Limited Edition in Europe
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
2 months ago#36
wiimann123 posted...
You want to how much the game is on eShop? It's only ten dollars. I know it's not a physical copy, but if you REALLY want to play this game, buy on it the eshop.

That's not how collectors work.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: hellhammer

hellhammer
2 months ago#37
LordBowser posted...
I own every Wii U game I can think of that I wanted ... with the exception of Paper Mario Color Splash, which I am waiting to see how the price fluctuates. At worst I can get it digital.

Rarity doesn't matter to me; I can appreciate a physical game but it's only special to me if there is something special about it. for instance I own the Collector's Edition of several Zelda games but if it were not for that, I'd simply buy them digital without a second thought.

Color Splash is 31.99 at BB with GCU.

User Info: Dark_SilverX

Dark_SilverX
2 months ago#38
Mario Kart 8?
Cuckle doodle doo

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
2 months ago#39
As someone who owns a full USA set of all 162 Wii U games and knows the rarity and prices of these games pretty well, I took the above guy's semi-accurate list and added/removed some games. In approximate order from rarest to least rare, here are what I consider the "uncommon" games in the USA library:

Hello Kitty Kruisers
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad
The Croods: Prehistoric Party
The Smurfs 2
Hot Wheels Worlds Best Diver
Funky Barn
Rise of the Guardians
Wii Sports Club
Devil's Third
Game & Wario
Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue
Ben 10 Omniverse 2
Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts
There are various other 3rd party games like the above three that may end up being rare in the future, but it's simply too early to tell. Some of these include Penguins of Madagascar, Brunswick Pro Bowling, and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

*It should be noted that almost all of these ARE available to buy on GameStop's website. However, GameStop is known for shipping incomplete games and discs that don't work. This is doubly so for Wii U games - GameStop's warehouse treats them as blu-ray discs and buffs out the scratches as if they're blu-ray discs. This renders Wii U discs completely useless and many of the games you order on their website will come like this. In my experience, I ordered about 20 Wii U games from their website - half didn't work, and half came complete. So, this list is ignoring the fact that many of these discs are available on the website, because there is a very good chance that those copies are useless and won't work.

Mario and Sonic 2016 and New Super Luigi U are not rare at all, they're just valuable. Cars 3 is not rare at all, it's definitely safe to wait for a price drop on that one. And for what it's worth, New Super Luigi U, Game & Wario, and Wii Sports Club were delisted from GameStop's website about a year ago. However, they still sell them in store, so if you want to buy a used one, call or go into a store and have them print you a list of stores that have them. That's the only reason I have Game & Wario and Wii Sports Club on that list (New Super Luigi U is too common regardless of being delisted from GS's website).
GTX 980 | i7-4770k @ 4.0 GHz | 16gb RAM
Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PSTV | PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | 360 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 months ago#40
kyle, do you have a complete list of ntscu games? up to axiom verge and darksiders 1?

would you be kind enough to list them ALL here, or atleast in pm, so i can print it out?
having an uptdated list will help me greatly. ive only started, just 20 games in
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games will be hard-to-find/rare/expensive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived