What games will be hard-to-find/rare/expensive?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games will be hard-to-find/rare/expensive?

User Info: Sparkey528

Sparkey528
2 months ago#41
I think the only rarish game I want is devil third but not that much. It seems expensive for a mediocre gameplay video I watched. I have other systems and other gems to collect.
~Memento Mori, If the nineth lion ate the sun~
There are moments when a single snail can make a world go extinct.

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
2 months ago#42
dr_zomberg posted...
kyle, do you have a complete list of ntscu games? up to axiom verge and darksiders 1?

would you be kind enough to list them ALL here, or atleast in pm, so i can print it out?
having an uptdated list will help me greatly. ive only started, just 20 games in

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/75643857

Posts #7 and #8 have the full list
GTX 980 | i7-4770k @ 4.0 GHz | 16gb RAM
Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PSTV | PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | 360 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 months ago#43
Kyle1022 posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
kyle, do you have a complete list of ntscu games? up to axiom verge and darksiders 1?

would you be kind enough to list them ALL here, or atleast in pm, so i can print it out?
having an uptdated list will help me greatly. ive only started, just 20 games in

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/75643857

Posts #7 and #8 have the full list

nice, but you seem to be missing axiom verge. ill just add it myself. thanks!
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

Kyle1022
2 months ago#44
dr_zomberg posted...
nice, but you seem to be missing axiom verge. ill just add it myself. thanks!

I didn't add it because it's not out yet, and I didn't mention it afterwards because there's no solid release date for it. They said August and yet here we sit in August, still not knowing anything about when it comes out or where to buy it from.
Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PSTV | PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | 360 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
2 months ago#45
Kyle1022 posted...
or where to buy it from.

Not relevant for you, but you can pre-order it already on amazon Spain (I'm talking about the fine Limited Multiverse Edition).
No idea what they are doing.

I already pre-ordered my copy.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: ShadowEdgeX

ShadowEdgeX
2 months ago#46
jimi_dini posted...
NES_Gamer1988 posted...
the rare games for the Wii U of regular releases are

Hello Kitty Kruisers - not yet
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad - not yet
Funky Barn - GOT
Hot Wheels Worlds Best Diver - no idea if that even got a EU release
Mario and Sonic at the rio olympic games - not yet
Wii Sports Club - GOT
The Croods - ???
New Super Luigi U - GOT
Devils Third - GOT
Smurfs 2 - GOT

Do not forget
Snoopy
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Bayonetta 1+2 Special Limited Edition in Europe

Possible stupid question, but are any of these games actually any good and worth playing (outside of Bayonetta and Luigi)? I'm not a serious collector and won't buy a game just because it's rare. Most of them seem like typical liscensed junk.
Proud to have formerly lived in the only country in the world whose National Sport has a sequel

Kyle1022
2 months ago#47
ShadowEdgeX posted...
Possible stupid question, but are any of these games actually any good and worth playing (outside of Bayonetta and Luigi)? I'm not a serious collector and won't buy a game just because it's rare. Most of them seem like typical liscensed junk.

Among those listed, Bayonetta 1 + 2 are great, New Super Luigi U is good, Wii Sports Club and Mario & Sonic Rio 2016 Olympic Games are meh, and Devil's Third is bad but at least playable. The rest are garbage and borderline unplayable.

User Info: YAMBAG84

YAMBAG84
2 months ago#48
I think a ton of the games are going to be rare and hard to find, because you never see a lot of Wii U games available like at Gamestop. Collecting for Nintendo also costs a fortune, because those first party titles, which are always the best games, never budge in price...ok barely. A chick once told me that Nintendo was like the Disney of video games and I thought that analogy was perfect.

User Info: masticatingman

masticatingman
2 months ago#49
Totally could've gotten that Cabela Pro Hunts game right when it came out at a local Target but passed. I have a fairly sizable collection but the vast majority is digital. Starting to regret it now since now I'm kinda committed to taking very good care of the attached hard drive for a long time down the road...but I do find the digital experience quite satisfying in terms of saved shelf space and how the games load faster. Either way, I have a lot of titles that didn't get physical releases for the Wii U (and I'm not talking about the virtual console...however, most of these digital-only games did get released on other consoles or PC). I've also literally never resold one of my old Nintendo games before anyway, bit of an electronics hoarder.
I don't really like to dispute facts, just rearrange them as necessary. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
2 months ago#50
Zelda BoTW Wii U isn't or will become rare at all.

Isn't Gianas Sisters like super rare? Same for Hello Kitty Kruisers and Devil's Third?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games will be hard-to-find/rare/expensive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived