What games will be hard-to-find/rare/expensive?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games will be hard-to-find/rare/expensive?

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
3 months ago#51
eshop makes the rarity of physical games pointless.

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
3 months ago#52
El_Zaggy posted...

That's why people still pay triple figures for an Earthbound cartridge right?
GTX 980 | i7-4770k @ 4.0 GHz | 16gb RAM
Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PSTV | PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | 360 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: masticatingman

masticatingman
3 months ago#53
El_Zaggy posted...

Long-term, this isn't true, not by a long shot. I like digital but mostly because I'm lazy and not into game collecting/reselling.

Physical is much easier to take care of if you're thinking of owning a game decades from now. However, on the flip side, to pay hundreds for a physical game that's available for a few bucks digital is absurd. Clearly, you get to a point where you're more concerned with just owning the game rather than just playing thru it and having that experience.
I don't really like to dispute facts, just rearrange them as necessary. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
3 months ago#54
Kyle1022 posted...
El_Zaggy posted...

That's why people still pay triple figures for an Earthbound cartridge right?

there will always be those weird game hoarders

for me, i just dont care. if I want to play a game, on disc or not, i will find the cheapest way to get it. life is too short to start weird hobbies like horading tons of games like a awkward virgin. I also have no space for that. thats why i love digital. my pc and ps4 collection are all almost digital.

im totally not understanding this gaming collector mentality. I hate having more physical possession, stuff take place.

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
3 months ago#55
El_Zaggy posted...
for me

El_Zaggy posted...
im totally not understanding

Exactly. Might not matter to you, but plenty of people care.
GTX 980 | i7-4770k @ 4.0 GHz | 16gb RAM
Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PSTV | PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | 360 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: slim1379

slim1379
3 months ago#56
meh, their people that spend 2k+ for bottle of whine, 10k+ for a picture. let them be unique an proud of whatever floats their boat.

does not take away my enjoyment of cheap digital versions of the exact same thing or cheaper versions of a picture or bottle of whine.
You forgave me as a devil but I cannot forgive myself. So therefore I choose death, when you offer me life.

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
3 months ago#57
I usually like my game collection to be digital only. Helps with space and keeping it all in one place. Plus, you'll never have to worry about losing the game eventually due to wear and tear or whatever natural deterioration to physical copies.

...However, Nintendo is the only exception to that rule for me. Nintendo doesn't really supply consumers with an easy way to go the "digital" route for their games. I mean, it took them until the Wii-U to decide that their games should also be available for download. Even then, you would most likely need to invest in some type of external HD due to the size of some Wii-U games (and of course the ridiculously small storage space for the system).

Wii and Gamecube didn't get that privilege. Sure, Nintendo has started offering digital downloads of their Wii games through the e-shop, but certainly not all of them. The only way to play those other games and Gamecube games digitally is through either emulation or softmodding your system (and making hopefully legal backups of your games).

...I mean, sure, it's all irrelevant if you don't care and just grab copies off the Internet on some shady site and go the emulation/softmodding route, but it does matter for people that actually, y'know, supported the devs when those games were still selling?
Dohoho

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
3 months ago#58
with digitals youre only renting a license.
with physical, i own it in its entirety.

plus, this is nicer to look at:

http://imgur.com/kWtF9JV

than this:

http://imgur.com/QvAopKR

(i dont know why the images dont embed)
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
3 months ago#59
God those N64 boxes are flippin' huge.
Dohoho
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games will be hard-to-find/rare/expensive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived