What WiiU games make the beat use of the Gamepad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What WiiU games make the beat use of the Gamepad?

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
2 months ago#1
BEST use

For example:
Mario Kart has steering / motion control, speakers / sound, gamepad gameplay instead of tv

User Info: BxBHulk

BxBHulk
2 months ago#2
WW HD and TP HD: the menus and aiming are fantastic.

User Info: KingFelix59

KingFelix59
2 months ago#3
Splatoon if you like the motion control aiming.

I don't, but a lot of people do.

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
2 months ago#4
ZombiU
Deus Ex

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
2 months ago#5
Lego City Undercover, the gamepad is represented in-game as a tablet that Chase uses. When you recieve a call from one of the characers, their facecam appears on the gamepad and their voice is transmitted through it's speakers. It really helps you immerse yourself in the game.

Ar several times you also use it to listen find hidden objects or uncover audio cues to progress. These features alone help solidify the U version as the definitve way to play the game.
Wii U kicks the PS4's and Xbox One's ass

User Info: masticatingman

masticatingman
2 months ago#6
Wind Waker HD definitely - the map on the gamepad while sailing is awesome.
mostly retro

User Info: guise-guise

guise-guise
2 months ago#7
Mario Maker, hands down.
Some of my messages are not serious. It's up to you to tell which are serious and which are not.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
2 months ago#8
For what I play mostly. It is Splatoon. Quick glances at the map and touch input on the screen is a huge step forward for fast paced online multiplayer shooters. It is a shame that other developers did not take advantage of this in their own games.

I saw the potential in Ubisoft's Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online which unfortunately was never released. Then Splatoon came along and showed me exactly why this controller was special. Even if it was a limited experience. Third party developers dropped the ball on this platform. They could have taken gamepad usage places that Nintendo probably would never think of in online multiplayer.

Ah, the memories and wasted potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN7vwti5RyA

User Info: Otterz4Life

Otterz4Life
2 months ago#9
Mario Maker (Easily the best use. Not sure how this game would work on Switch/without a second screen)
Splatoon
WWHD
TPHD
ZombiU
Deus Ex
Batman: Arkham City
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Star Fox Zero (Underrated/Overhated)

User Info: tanooki84

tanooki84
2 months ago#10
The original version of botw that's on a thumbstick locked away in Nintendo jp hq
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What WiiU games make the beat use of the Gamepad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived