Anyone got a 2nd or Back-up WiiU?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone got a 2nd or Back-up WiiU?

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
4 months ago#1
Seeing how its not made anymore and most stores stopped selling it and finding a new one is rare now.

If you did, did u transfer your game data, account and downloads?

User Info: ShyGuy81

ShyGuy81
4 months ago#2
I got my backup console just before they ran out of stock. Still in the box. As far as I know it's not possible to duplicate all the data onto another console.
In the name of Harman...

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
4 months ago#3
Jx1010 posted...
Seeing how its not made anymore and most stores stopped selling it and finding a new one is rare now.

You can buy a refurbished one directly from Nintendo for $200. Nintendo refurbs are basically new.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
4 months ago#4
I don't yet, but it is definitely something I'll be looking into in the near future.

Jx1010
4 months ago#5
TheRushDawg posted...
Jx1010 posted...

You can buy a refurbished one directly from Nintendo for $200. Nintendo refurbs are basically new.

I did. Thats why Im posting this question.
It looks new tho, very nice.

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
4 months ago#6
ShyGuy81 posted...
I got my backup console just before they ran out of stock. Still in the box. As far as I know it's not possible to duplicate all the data onto another console.

Duplicate, no. But you can transfer. My Wii U gamepad was losing connection to my system so I bought a Mario maker system bundle and transferred the data.
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers

Jx1010
4 months ago#7
RaisinBizzle posted...
ShyGuy81 posted...

Duplicate, no. But you can transfer. My Wii U gamepad was losing connection to my system so I bought a Mario maker system bundle and transferred the data.

But once u transfer u lose all ur data right?
Cant even copy a game data save?

User Info: Chocoburger

Chocoburger
4 months ago#8
Yeah I have 2 Wii U's since its such unique hardware, the only way to get the most out of some games, is to play it on in its original form. Unless if an emulator can connect to the tablet and allow it to perform perfectly (no lag) all the same actions and functionality. But that tablet is going to be rare, eventually.

To my knowledge, you can make a back up of a Wii U save file, but you can only restore it on the same account and same hardware. You can't back up a save file and share it with another system. You can use homebrew to get around this copy protection, but I haven't done it myself, so I don't know how well it works.

User Info: BrianCraigSmith

BrianCraigSmith
4 months ago#9
No need for a backup console; still in great condition and game library is all digital.
PSN: Handsomistic1 NNID: Handsomistic15
3DS FC: 2767-1438-6425

User Info: LordBowser

LordBowser
4 months ago#10
No. I'll cross that bridge when it happens. I take very good care of my consoles so I do not foresee this being an issue.
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone got a 2nd or Back-up WiiU?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived