Anyone got a 2nd or Back-up WiiU?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone got a 2nd or Back-up WiiU?

User Info: NejiHyuga900

NejiHyuga900
4 months ago#11
Technically I do. I have two Wii U. My first one died years ago (red blinking light of death, as I would call it). Currently using my second Wii U but I'm hoping my first Wii U will work again one of these days (I would like to transfer my vWii Virtual Console titles if possible).
Xbox/Windows Gamertag and Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
PSN and Steam: NejiHyuga900

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
4 months ago#12
Jx1010 posted...
RaisinBizzle posted...
ShyGuy81 posted...
I got my backup console just before they ran out of stock. Still in the box. As far as I know it's not possible to duplicate all the data onto another console.

Duplicate, no. But you can transfer. My Wii U gamepad was losing connection to my system so I bought a Mario maker system bundle and transferred the data.

But once u transfer u lose all ur data right?
Cant even copy a game data save?

Everything transfers from U to U. Works the same as 3DS.

If any data were to be lost, calling it a "transfer" would be irresponsible.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
4 months ago#13
Nope. Don't see much point since Nintendo's products are (with a few exceptions) very durable and remains functional for long time periods. After all my 15 year old Gamecube still works like a champ.
Wii U kicks the PS4's and Xbox One's ass

User Info: BlairBear86

BlairBear86
3 months ago#14
There was a used Wii U at a pawn shop I was drooling over awhile back, it looked to be in very good condition, it's funny, even Nintendo on their website recommends searching pawn shops for used Wii U's since they stopped selling them.

User Info: digressive

digressive
3 months ago#15
Getting one soon.

User Info: Xeno_Cyclops

Xeno_Cyclops
3 months ago#16
When I get enough money I'll get a second one. I get really worried about using the gamepad so I try to use it as little as possible unless it's necessary, it's such a huge design flaw, if I had a second console I'd use the gamepad without worry
R.I.P. Scalebound
Not changing this sig until Capcom brings back Rival Schools or Darkstalkers. Started 4/29/15

User Info: este914

este914
3 months ago#17
BlairBear86 posted...
There was a used Wii U at a pawn shop I was drooling over awhile back, it looked to be in very good condition, it's funny, even Nintendo on their website recommends searching pawn shops for used Wii U's since they stopped selling them.

So what happened to it
--
-

User Info: masticatingman

masticatingman
3 months ago#18
Nope, I'm pretty lucky that I have a very stable place to keep my Wii U and no kids are in the picture. Game library is mostly digital.

Instead of focusing on having total backup consoles, I think the main thing is just to have a couple backups for controllers.
I don't really like to dispute facts, just rearrange them as necessary. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
3 months ago#19
masticatingman posted...
Nope, I'm pretty lucky that I have a very stable place to keep my Wii U and no kids are in the picture. Game library is mostly digital.

Instead of focusing on having total backup consoles, I think the main thing is just to have a couple backups for controllers.

You mean the wii remote plus controllers?

User Info: SexPantherPanda

SexPantherPanda
3 months ago#20
I did buy an extra xmas last year. Nintendo systems last forever so hopefully it will last a long time.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone got a 2nd or Back-up WiiU?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived