At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#1
I know I wont have a popular opinion on this, but I think the new zelda could of been so much more, yah no hand holding and stuff is cool, but this is the first Zelda game where the story seems to be the weakest idk.

Also weapon freaking breaking, this alone pisses me off everytime I open the game, whoever thought this was a good idea needs to stop making video games, I really hope someone finds a way to glitch weapons into not breaking, it's ridiculous.

Not as challenging as everyone states it is, yes..... you can die easy, but I can also keep running around like a idiot and keep throwing bombs until said enemy dies, also dungeons oh boy lol, Nintendo: "lets split all the puzzlers we normally create into their own dungeons", it's very silly going in to a dungeon=> insert bomb here=> you win!!......-_-, no hand holding but this feels soooo childish.(I feel this is one of the easier Zelda games really, not that it's bad but I don't feel this is what they were going for)

No real weapons variety, I was soooo happy to find the boomerang only to find out it's just another sword, yah cool I got 200 different looking weapons, but if 90% are the same moves with different effects......what is the point??

I can go on, but these are the main 3 I can't shake off when playing the game, it's not Skyword sword bad, and the game has really good moments with the explorations and all, but I am barley feeling like I am playing a Zelda game, Fromsoft could of easily fixed all the issue this game had and made it even better, for starters, adding a rolling feature would of fixed the target system.(how many times i jump back and he jumps let or right coz of camera position )
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: digressive

digressive
1 month ago#2
You know you can throw the boomerangs, right? And they come back to you, so you can catch and throw them again.

And the weapon breaking system is a pain in the beginning, but if you're still having problems with it a few hours into the game, you're doing it wrong. I'm replaying on master mode and by the time I got to Kakariko village I was already having to leave weapons behind because I had too many.

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
1 month ago#3
Actually, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is nothing short of amazing.

If you like Dark Souls, enjoy Dark Souls...if games like Zelda: Breath of the Wild that require some inventory management are too complicated, then play an EA or Ubisoft game.
Gamefaqs: The original home of 'Alternative Facts'...

User Info: b1gt0ne

b1gt0ne
1 month ago#4
God yes!!
Gamefaqs sucks.

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#5
digressive posted...
You know you can throw the boomerangs, right? And they come back to you, so you can catch and throw them again.

And the weapon breaking system is a pain in the beginning, but if you're still having problems with it a few hours into the game, you're doing it wrong. I'm replaying on master mode and by the time I got to Kakariko village I was already having to leave weapons behind because I had too many.

I know, but not the same as the old game, and most of the time it hits something and gets lost, it's damage is not worth the hassle

I am around 8 to 12 hours in just exploring, never fought a single boss yet( unless you count the one with life bar you meet bosses in the wild or mini bosses), as really the game's story is so weak I don't care, finished 2 test your strength type of dungeons, the both used all my weapons, total bs, and god tried by the 20he counter, I mean come on, I am doing nothing else, I would risk a normal 1 vs 1 battle, but the weapons are breaking too fast, its dump to even try without using maximum damage before they break.

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#6
Torgo posted...
Actually, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is nothing short of amazing.

If you like Dark Souls, enjoy Dark Souls...if games like Zelda: Breath of the Wild that require some inventory management are too complicated, then play an EA or Ubisoft game.

What kind of a reply is this, whatever bro
Let me rephrase what you sound like:
"Actually the game you just stated to be fun but also has problems, is amazing for me, if you don't think it's perfect, then it isn't for you, go play bad EA or Ubisoft games"......?

User Info: LordBowser

LordBowser
1 month ago#7
If you don't like Breath of the Wild, don't play Breath of the Wild.

Personally, I have loved nearly all Zelda games ever released and while I cannot get into games like Skyrim, Breath of the Wild is possibly the best game I have ever played.

You're suggesting some random developer I've never heard of make a Zelda game because you weren't a fan of Breath of the Wild, and my opinion on that can be summed up in one word... NOPE

Sorry you didn't like it. There will almost certainly be traditional Zelda games still, but this new design has done incredible things for the franchise and I am eager to see more games like it. If you feel differently, you have my sympathy, but not my support.

PS: I disagree with virtually everything you have posted, including that the story is the weakest. This is the first Zelda game where I actually feel immersed into the story instead of being force-fed it. And generally, the story is one of the weaker elements in a Zelda game, in this one it is quite strong and plays a major role. But to be fair, this is just my biased opinion.
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#8
LordBowser posted...

Personally, I have loved nearly all Zelda games ever released and while I cannot get into games like Skyrim, Breath of the Wild is possibly the best game I have ever played.

You're suggesting some random developer I've never heard of make a Zelda game because you weren't a fan of Breath of the Wild, and my opinion on that can be summed up in one word... NOPE

Sorry you didn't like it. There will almost certainly be traditional Zelda games still, but this new design has done incredible things for the franchise and I am eager to see more games like it. If you feel differently, you have my sympathy, but not my support.

PS: I disagree with virtually everything you have posted, including that the story is the weakest. This is the first Zelda game where I actually feel immersed into the story instead of being force-fed it. And generally, the story is one of the weaker elements in a Zelda game, in this one it is quite strong and plays a major role. But to be fair, this is just my biased opinion.

I ignored all what you wrote as I stopped reading after the first line, all I did is put as much effort in reading your posts as you did to my topic( by only reading the title)

User Info: LordBowser

LordBowser
1 month ago#9
yahya_no_1 posted...
LordBowser posted...

I ignored all what you wrote as I stopped reading after the first line, all I did is put as much effort in reading your posts as you did to my topic( by only reading the title)

"You disagreed with me so I ignored your post"

Okay. Good to see we have an actual discussion going and not a soapbox begging people to support your delusional suggestions. Have fun up there.
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#10
LordBowser posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
LordBowser posted...

"You disagreed with me so I ignored your post"

Okay. Good to see we have an actual discussion going and not a soapbox begging people to support your delusional suggestions. Have fun up there.

Not really a discussion if you aint listing/reading to a word I said, so I will just do the same
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived