At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

User Info: Joshjosh022

Joshjosh022
2 months ago#11
But BOTW is better than every from game

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
2 months ago#12
Joshjosh022 posted...
But BOTW is better than every from game

I am sorry but I strongly disagree, BOTW if anything tries to copy a number of elements from the souls game, but doesn't do it well, starting with the stamina system, it didn't work in Skyward Sword and it didn't work here
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
2 months ago#13
crappy frame rate
copy+paste gameplay
copy+paste bosses
A+B team incapable of creating proper games since Dark Souls 2
roll roll roll attack, roll roll roll attack

No, thanks.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

yahya_no_1
2 months ago#14
jimi_dini posted...
crappy frame rate
copy+paste gameplay
copy+paste bosses
A+B team incapable of creating proper games since Dark Souls 2
roll roll roll attack, roll roll roll attack

No, thanks.

Yes "B" team kinda hurt the DS2, but "A" team create DeSouls, DS1, Bloodborn and DS3, I love all the 3 DS games but everything Team worked on is amazing.

I play DS games on PC and Bloodborn doesn't have framerate issue so I don't know what you are talking about.(I modded DS 1 to fix most of the framerate issues)

Rolling would of benefited this game greatly, they had it in Hyrule Warriors why not just add the same thing here, the camera is all over the place in a battle, dodging doesn't work as well as the older games that had auto track target.

Also I just realized 20 hours in, no hook shot :X

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
2 months ago#15
Who?
I'm a chick

User Info: MannyCav

MannyCav
2 months ago#16
LordBowser posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
LordBowser posted...
If you don't like Breath of the Wild, don't play Breath of the Wild.

I ignored all what you wrote as I stopped reading after the first line, all I did is put as much effort in reading your posts as you did to my topic( by only reading the title)
"You disagreed with me so I ignored your post"

Okay. Good to see we have an actual discussion going and not a soapbox begging people to support your delusional suggestions. Have fun up there.

As yahya_no_1 said, it wasn't that he ignored your post because he disagreed with you. It was your opening line, and to be honest, it's one of the more tiresome and repetitive statements I see across the internet in arguments like this. 'If you don't like X, don't play/watch it.' Well no duh. It might well come to that, but not liking a game you recently played doesn't disqualify you from being able to discuss those criticisms--

--or from playing it anyway. I think Super Smash Bros. Melee is an A+ game, but even having put tons of hours into it doesn't mean I'm disallowed from pinpointing specific criticisms about it or things I don't like. E.g., I think it has a weak Adventure Mode compared to SSBB (which isn't exactly a prize winner itself and has tons of room for improvement, but at least it has more variety, sports good eye candy cinematics, and has gameplay that pays homage to the all-time great Kirby Super Star). SSBM's best Adventure levels are the first Mario stage and the LoZ temple, and to a lesser extent the Metroid evacuation and F-Zero run. Possibly Ice Climbers, too. This stuff was great. Why not make all of the levels like that, with characters from outside franchises romping about in environments that are alien to them, then mix in or cap them off with stage fights (again, like the LoZ dungeon)? This is supposed to be a crossover game. SSBM's Adventure Mode starts out strong, but degrades after that. It's mostly just the same canned P vs. CPU fights that could easily be had in Classic Mode.

Now, let's say a poster takes my criticism of the game I otherwise say I like and gets rubbed the wrong way. Is it really reasonable to tell me 'well don't play it since you think it has problems'? That literally answers nothing I said, tries to deprive me of a game I like, and suggests I should stick to media I find flawlessly perfect. Does such a thing even exist? This is also a Morton's Fork: If he had not played the game and criticized it, you'd criticism him for criticizing a game he didn't play. If he criticizes a game he did play (like here), he gets told to not play it. Classic Morton's Fork and poor argument structure.

Let's say it's a game I don't like. Does the fact I didn't like that game negate my criticism of it? Even if I 'shouldn't' play it, that neither means I can't express my opinions about what I've experienced thus far in an appropriate forum, nor does it make a suggestion to stop playing it relevant to any of my points or criticisms.

Or I can deliberately play I game I think is bad just for the lulz to point out everything I don't like--and actually have a good time panning it MST3K-style and enjoy myself. Should the way I play games be so restricted as to discard other ways of playing and enjoying games, even subpar or bad ones?

I don't really go along with the statement that you didn't read TC's opening post (you did answer specific criticisms from it), but 'if you don't like X, don't play X' is one of the most overused, tired and irrelevant arguments in anything ever.

tl;dr: It wasn't the main body of your post that yahya_no_1 objected to (as far as I can see), but rather your opening line. Even if he disagreed with the main body of your post, I imagine he might have respectfully responded and disagreed were it not for that first line.
BoR Amendment X 12/15/1791-6/26/2015
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.--Grenier

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
2 months ago#17
I would have no issue with some sort of spin off title like Hyrule Warriors was, but really BOTW is mostly fine how it is.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
2 months ago#18
yahya_no_1 posted...
Yes "B" team kinda hurt the DS2, but "A" team create DeSouls, DS1, Bloodborn and DS3

I said "proper games since Dark Souls 2".
Blood Souls is well Blood Souls but with guns added. Yeah, attack fast to get health back. That totally makes it not Souls game anymore. And it's piss easy. The games went easier and easier as time went on.
Dark Souls 3 is even worse. So, no. The first 2 were amazing (Demon's and Dark Souls). Everything afterwards including Dark Souls 2 was crap.

I play DS games on PC and Bloodborn doesn't have framerate issue so I don't know what you are talking about.(I modded DS 1 to fix most of the framerate issues)

First DS1 on PC is crap. Even if it would work properly, the multiplayer is fully broken thanks to PC hackers. And "modding" it to 60+ fps literally breaks the game (as in makes the game act weird).
And Blood Souls has a stable frame rate? Hahaha, sorry. You gotta be joking. It's pathetic. Breath of the Wild runs on way worse hardware, is actually fully open world and runs way better.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

yahya_no_1
2 months ago#19
jimi_dini posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
Yes "B" team kinda hurt the DS2, but "A" team create DeSouls, DS1, Bloodborn and DS3

I said "proper games since Dark Souls 2".
Blood Souls is well Blood Souls but with guns added. Yeah, attack fast to get health back. That totally makes it not Souls game anymore. And it's piss easy. The games went easier and easier as time went on.
Dark Souls 3 is even worse. So, no. The first 2 were amazing (Demon's and Dark Souls). Everything afterwards including Dark Souls 2 was crap.

First DS1 on PC is crap. Even if it would work properly, the multiplayer is fully broken thanks to PC hackers. And "modding" it to 60+ fps literally breaks the game (as in makes the game act weird).
And Blood Souls has a stable frame rate? Hahaha, sorry. You gotta be joking. It's pathetic. Breath of the Wild runs on way worse hardware, is actually fully open world and runs way better.

Your very bad at establishing a point, BB has steady 30 fps framerate, 90% of the people who played it agree, I played it both on PS4 and PS4Pro, both were steady, only different is the slight increase in PS4 Pro

I don't play DS for the multiplayer(well not for VS or invading but again it's an option, I love games giving you options, so I don't mind it), only'coop with friends at best, so if multiplayer is your thing, LOZ Breath of the wild doesn't have it, so no point talking about feature the game I am referencing in this topic doesn't use.

And honestly while I hate the framrate issues, BotW doesn't have them so bad it ruins the experience.

People complain now, but I do remember Fromsoft is doing something for Nintendo, and if it's the next zelda project, watch all the nay Sayers in here FLIP!!! their opinion, as Nintendo does no wrong as someone like "LordBowser" illustrates

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
2 months ago#20
If they want to outsource the next Zelda game, that's fine, but outsourcing it to FromSoft gets a big ol' "HELL NAH!"
Currently Playing: Overwatch (XONE); Splatoon (Wii U); Zombie U (Wii U); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); Super Mario Run (Android)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived