At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
2 months ago#31
MannyCav posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
Souls series were Zelda but for grownups kinda games

And you had the audacity to get pissed at the other guy. Blatant troll thread confirmed. Everyone can go home now.

audacity ? haha yes " I always felt for me anyway, Souls series were Zelda but for grownups kinda games)"

Yes that confirms I am a troll for expressing my personal thoughts no how I feel when I play a game, I can now just ignore your posts as well, np

You made this thread to call Zelda a kids game. That's not just a "my opinion" post, it's textbook trolling.

First, he never called Zelda a kids game. If I missed it, quote the portion where he did.

Second, Dark Souls is rated M/16. Objectively, Dark Souls is a game for grownups. TC is objectively correct, at least on that front (whether that makes it a better game or not is of course a matter of serious debate).

That's not how life works. If Dark Souls is "Zelda for grownups" then Zelda would be a kids game. I don't have to quote where he said those exact words, because I understand what context is. If you don't that's your own problem.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
2 months ago#32
n00bsaib0t posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
Souls series were Zelda but for grownups kinda games

And you had the audacity to get pissed at the other guy. Blatant troll thread confirmed. Everyone can go home now.

audacity ? haha yes "I always felt for me anyway, Souls series were Zelda but for grownups kinda games)"

Yes that confirms I am a troll for expressing my personal thoughts no how I feel when I play a game, I can now just ignore your posts as well, np

You made this thread to call Zelda a kids game. That's not just a "my opinion" post, it's textbook trolling.

It's fine, we now know that you're a failure of a human being with nothing better to do with your time than come here to say everyone that likes Zelda is a kid. You're the only one that believes that isn't trolling, though.

Woooow ........failure of a human being....haha ........You made this thread to call Zelda a kids game haha

How old are you 12? don't answer that I already got it, if I do a ctrl F and I don't see me calling the Zelda series kids games, only shows up in your posts really, I had to reply as I couldn't stop laughing how quickly this kid was titled

Or maybe it's their actual opinion? I disagree with it, but that doesn't mean it's totally invalid.

Didn't even call it that, he is just salty XD

Otterz4Life posted...
Roll, roll, hit.

Roll, roll, flask.

No thanks.

You do know LoZ gameplay is the same thing, replace roll with jump, I mean yah this is different with boss battles(you can ague the same thing) but most of the time I am rolling away, blocking and then hitting when they are open, but to each his own, but I guess even that gets people raging
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: MannyCav

MannyCav
2 months ago#33
n00bsaib0t posted...
That's not how life works. If Dark Souls is "Zelda for grownups" then Zelda would be a kids game.

Dark Souls being a game exclusively for grownups isn't mutually exclusive for Zelda being for grownups as well as kids. There's context, then there's adding your own context.

Imagine a fine dining establishment. You've got the spirits section. That's exclusively for grownups. That doesn't mean the shake menu isn't for grownups just because the spirits menu is. Kids and adults are welcome to that particular menu.

There's one restaurant I eat at where the so-called "kids" menu specifically says "kids of all ages". That's its way of self-acknowledging that anyone, kids and adults, can order off it it (as opposed to more snoddy establishments that insist that only kids can order off of the kids menu, something I'm pleased to say I haven't seen in this topic yet). I do it all the time because the prices are lower but the meals aren't unsatisfying--they're proportioned just right to satisfy my appetite at that time. It's not all fruity pancakes with smiles made out of egg whites, either. It's still chicken and burgers and big boy vegetables like baked potatoes and asparagus. So while their "adult" beverages might just be that, grownups only (and are, like Dark Souls here, labeled as such), their main and kids menus are far removed from being for "kids" only (those menus have no specific age limits referenced, imposed or implied, again like Zelda in this topic).

What I provided is a practical example and analogy of how real life works. Dark Souls being exclusively for grownups isn't mutually exclusive for Zelda being for grownups and/or kids without a specific statement binding Zelda in one category or the other. With Dark Souls being labled for adults only, Zelda is left in either the kids/adults category ("kids of all ages") or the kids-only category (it can't be adult-only since that's the one thing the original statement is specific about) unless a specific statement is rendered by the original speaker. Any assertion that the original speaker meant one or the other is an assumption supplied by the reader generated by his personal experiences or biases.

If the quote isn't present to find, then it doesn't exist.
BoR Amendment X 12/15/1791-6/26/2015
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.--Grenier
(message deleted)

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
2 months ago#35
yahya_no_1 posted...
I know I wont have a popular opinion on this, but I think the new zelda could of been so much more, yah no hand holding and stuff is cool, but this is the first Zelda game where the story seems to be the weakest idk.

Also weapon freaking breaking, this alone pisses me off everytime I open the game, whoever thought this was a good idea needs to stop making video games, I really hope someone finds a way to glitch weapons into not breaking, it's ridiculous.

Not as challenging as everyone states it is, yes..... you can die easy, but I can also keep running around like a idiot and keep throwing bombs until said enemy dies, also dungeons oh boy lol, Nintendo: "lets split all the puzzlers we normally create into their own dungeons", it's very silly going in to a dungeon=> insert bomb here=> you win!!......-_-, no hand holding but this feels soooo childish.(I feel this is one of the easier Zelda games really, not that it's bad but I don't feel this is what they were going for)

No real weapons variety, I was soooo happy to find the boomerang only to find out it's just another sword, yah cool I got 200 different looking weapons, but if 90% are the same moves with different effects......what is the point??

I can go on, but these are the main 3 I can't shake off when playing the game, it's not Skyword sword bad, and the game has really good moments with the explorations and all, but I am barley feeling like I am playing a Zelda game, Fromsoft could of easily fixed all the issue this game had and made it even better, for starters, adding a rolling feature would of fixed the target system.(how many times i jump back and he jumps let or right coz of camera position )

Wow. So many things wrong with a single post.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
2 months ago#36
Mr_Rudd posted...
Wow. So many things wrong with a single post.

yahya_no_1 posted...
Also weapon freaking breaking, this alone pisses me off everytime I open the game, whoever thought this was a good idea needs to stop making video games, I really hope someone finds a way to glitch weapons into not breaking, it's ridiculous.

This part, at least, is not wrong. The only time durability mechanics are good game design is if it's implemented in a survival-horror game.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: b1gt0ne

b1gt0ne
2 months ago#37
yahya_no_1 posted...
Joshjosh022 posted...
But BOTW is better than every from game

I am sorry but I strongly disagree, BOTW if anything tries to copy a number of elements from the souls game, but doesn't do it well, starting with the stamina system, it didn't work in Skyward Sword and it didn't work here

Yup. Battles are so lackluster compared to souls/borne. Stamina in Zelda serves no real purpose other than to annoy the player and add artificial length to the game. Bosses in botw are so cheezy and forgettable, where souls and bloodborne have amazing boss animations and battles. Botw is a shallow attempt at an action rpg, relying solely on the Zelda brand to sell.
Gamefaqs sucks.

User Info: bleeping_bleep

bleeping_bleep
2 months ago#38
I'll just step around the arguing children to say that 3D Dot Game Heroes is on the best Zelda games ever made.

That is all.

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
2 months ago#39
bleeping_bleep posted...
I'll just step around the arguing children to say that 3D Dot Game Heroes is on the best Zelda games ever made.

That is all.

haha step around you just threw oil into the fire XD, especially when it made by the Fromsoft
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: Adon

Adon
2 months ago#40
What a shock. Nintendorks butthurt cause someone doesn't bow down to their precious Zelda. The franchise has sucked ass since Twilight Princess, aka the biggest piece of s*** in the history of the franchise. As usual paid critics praise it cause the franchise, much like Nintendo, survives on name alone.

Fact is BotW did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW. You Nintendo fans just don't get any other rpg's to realize this, apparently. Every single aspect of BotW was ripped straight from Dark Souls, Dragon Age, Tomb Raider, and the Witcher. Nintendo just slapped a cartoony coat of paint on it and called it a day. Oh and of course removed all blood and foul language cause Zelda's target audience is children.

I agree with the op. FromSoft could do better at this point.

RIP good Zelda games.
1986 - 2003
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived