At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 months ago#41
Adon posted...
What a shock. Nintendorks butthurt cause someone doesn't bow down to their precious Zelda. The franchise has sucked ass since Twilight Princess, aka the biggest piece of s*** in the history of the franchise. As usual paid critics praise it cause the franchise, much like Nintendo, survives on name alone.

Fact is BotW did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW. You Nintendo fans just don't get any other rpg's to realize this, apparently. Every single aspect of BotW was ripped straight from Dark Souls, Dragon Age, Tomb Raider, and the Witcher. Nintendo just slapped a cartoony coat of paint on it and called it a day. Oh and of course removed all blood and foul language cause Zelda's target audience is children.

I agree with the op. FromSoft could do better at this point.

RIP good Zelda games.
1986 - 2003

Of course BOTW did nothing new. Everything it did was in at least one Zelda game before. Literally everything. But keep pretending BOTW copied those other games.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: SplatterHouse55

SplatterHouse55
4 months ago#42
Playing BotW made me feel a few things.

01. I prefer traditional 3D Zelda.

02. It really didn't do much that I haven't experienced before, and the little new that it offered wasn't a jaw-dropping 10/10.

03. Going out of your way to collect a seemingly cool weapon isn't ultimately satisfying when it's nearly as frail and disposable as a twig off of a tree.

04. A low sprint endurance in a vast open world makes me think of the things that I don't like rather than the things that I do.

05. As much as I love the Zelda IP, it's actually been a while since I've thoroughly enjoyed a Zelda game. Perhaps I should finally get around to buying A Link Between Worlds.

Now, I don't agree that From Software is "the answer" to a Zelda game that I would enjoy - If you want to play a From Software game, then play a From Software game - but I do think that a truly awesome and vast Zelda game can be created from what already existed. There are elements of BotW that I really did like, but there's too much off (for a lack of a better way of putting it).

As much as I've enjoyed the Zelda IP over the years, Skyward Sword and BotW were easy for me to drop in favor of other games. It was never like that for me with previous games. As much as people criticized Twilight Princess, I couldn't put that game down until I finished it. I absolutely loved Wind Waker, and am actually currently replaying it in favor of finishing BotW.

Yeah, I suppose I'm just someone that simply liked how it was.
Ever since I started working, every day has been worse than the last, so every time you see me it's the worst day of my life. - Office Space

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
4 months ago#43
Adon posted...
The franchise has sucked ass since Twilight Princess, aka the biggest piece of s*** in the history of the franchise

I...liked Twilight Princess, though. I hated the spirit bug segments of course, but the rest was fun.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: MannyCav

MannyCav
4 months ago#44
Adon posted...
Fact is BotW did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW. You Nintendo fans just don't get any other rpg's to realize this, apparently. Every single aspect of BotW was ripped straight from Dark Souls, Dragon Age, Tomb Raider, and the Witcher.

With as long as this industry has been around, it's hard to not come up with something that isn't been-there-done-that, something that doesn't take inspiration from some other game or that at least one other game hasn't done before. The point is that the BoTW things, good or bad, are new to Zelda. The point of contention is if these things are good for Zelda, or if they were executed or integrated with Zelda as well as they could have been.
Adon posted...
Oh and of course removed all blood and foul language cause Zelda's target audience is children.

That neither makes a game worse, nor does their inclusion necessarily make a game better.
BoR Amendment X 12/15/1791-6/26/2015
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.--Grenier

User Info: King_Nintendo85

King_Nintendo85
4 months ago#45
BOTW isn't even a true Zelda game. Even Hyrule Warriors has more of the Zelda Spirit than BOTW.

With BOTW, Nintendo wanting to cash in on the "open-world sandbox" fad basically made a clone of the most popular sandbox games out right now(Skyrim, Witcher, Minecraft etc) and slapped "Zelda" on the box to make extra money.
https://i.imgflip.com/qasjl.jpg

User Info: King_Nintendo85

King_Nintendo85
4 months ago#46
MannyCav posted...
Adon posted...
Fact is BotW did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW. You Nintendo fans just don't get any other rpg's to realize this, apparently. Every single aspect of BotW was ripped straight from Dark Souls, Dragon Age, Tomb Raider, and the Witcher.

With as long as this industry has been around, it's hard to not come up with something that isn't been-there-done-that, something that doesn't take inspiration from some other game or that at least one other game hasn't done before. The point is that the BoTW things, good or bad, are new to Zelda. The point of contention is if these things are good for Zelda, or if they were executed or integrated with Zelda as well as they could have been.
Adon posted...
Oh and of course removed all blood and foul language cause Zelda's target audience is children.

That neither makes a game worse, nor does their inclusion necessarily make a game better.

That's fine and dandy. But when fans complain that the "OOT/Zelda" formula got stale and needed shaken up but then turn around and praise BOTW which copies every open world sandbox game on the market and then gushes about how "Original" it is, it makes them look silly and irrational.
https://i.imgflip.com/qasjl.jpg
Questionmarktarius 4 months ago#47
BOTW is already extremely punishing if you wander out "too far". From's hand would just make the walk to the old man's campfire a soul-crushing ordeal as well.

Zero_Maniac
4 months ago#48
Questionmarktarius posted...
BOTW is already extremely punishing if you wander out "too far". From's hand would just make the walk to the old man's campfire a soul-crushing ordeal as well.

...No. Let's keep it real. You don't die every 50 feet in a Souls game unless you're actually bad at video games.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 months ago#49
King_Nintendo85 posted...
BOTW isn't even a true Zelda game. Even Hyrule Warriors has more of the Zelda Spirit than BOTW.

With BOTW, Nintendo wanting to cash in on the "open-world sandbox" fad basically made a clone of the most popular sandbox games out right now(Skyrim, Witcher, Minecraft etc) and slapped "Zelda" on the box to make extra money.

That's exactly what someone that never played the original Legend of Zelda would think.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

Zero_Maniac
4 months ago#50
n00bsaib0t posted...
King_Nintendo85 posted...

That's exactly what someone that never played the original Legend of Zelda would think.

Not really. I own the original LoZ and have played through most of it, and I can still admit that BotW is very different from it. The original LoZ didn't have a durability ('scuse me, fragility) mechanic to force you to use a bunch of different weapons that you may not want to use at all due to appearance or functionality. In the original LoZ, the items you got hidden in dungeons felt special because there's only one of that item in the game, unlike BotW where the only unique weapon is the Master Sword...which needs to be recharged due to the aforementioned durability mechanic.

BotW also has significantly less dungeons than LoZ, as it only has 4 compared to LoZ's 8. No, shrines aren't dungeons. The point is, the differences are there.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived