At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
3 months ago#81
yahya_no_1 posted...
Try doing something else then. This post is literally dumb as saying "I already sat at 10 bonfires and feel like this is all Dark Souls has to offer".

Multi class builds, more than 50 bosses, more than one magic builds, enemy variety, background story elements that uncover the story as you progress, side stories that might go different if you don't pay attention, the list goes on

Sorry souls game have more to do than this game, I just happen to be one of those ppl who has to finish all Zelda game let alone a game I paid money for and already started

Doesn't change the fact that you decided that after doing some shrines that was all the game offered. You in no way invalidated my comparison, if anything you validated it.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
3 months ago#82
n00bsaib0t posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
Try doing something else then. This post is literally dumb as saying "I already sat at 10 bonfires and feel like this is all Dark Souls has to offer".

Multi class builds, more than 50 bosses, more than one magic builds, enemy variety, background story elements that uncover the story as you progress, side stories that might go different if you don't pay attention, the list goes on

Sorry souls game have more to do than this game, I just happen to be one of those ppl who has to finish all Zelda game let alone a game I paid money for and already started

Doesn't change the fact that you decided that after doing some shrines that was all the game offered. You in no way invalidated my comparison, if anything you validated it.

I forgot your that troll, I should just keep ignoring you, if anything that post validated that decision
PSN:yahyano1

n00bsaib0t
3 months ago#83
yahya_no_1 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...

I forgot your that troll, I should just keep ignoring you, if anything that post validated that decision

You're the one that admitted you did one thing and decided that was all the game had to offer, not me.

User Info: King_Nintendo85

King_Nintendo85
3 months ago#84
n00bsaib0t posted...
King_Nintendo85 posted...
BOTW isn't even a true Zelda game. Even Hyrule Warriors has more of the Zelda Spirit than BOTW.

With BOTW, Nintendo wanting to cash in on the "open-world sandbox" fad basically made a clone of the most popular sandbox games out right now(Skyrim, Witcher, Minecraft etc) and slapped "Zelda" on the box to make extra money.

That's exactly what someone that never played the original Legend of Zelda would think.

The Original Zelda had a point and was about going on an epic adventure. BOTW is about dinking around an empty open world doing pointless crap.
https://i.imgflip.com/qasjl.jpg

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
3 months ago#85
n00bsaib0t posted...
Lil_Bit83 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
King_Nintendo85 posted...
BOTW isn't even a true Zelda game. Even Hyrule Warriors has more of the Zelda Spirit than BOTW.

With BOTW, Nintendo wanting to cash in on the "open-world sandbox" fad basically made a clone of the most popular sandbox games out right now(Skyrim, Witcher, Minecraft etc) and slapped "Zelda" on the box to make extra money.

That's exactly what someone that never played the original Legend of Zelda would think.

Not really. I own the original LoZ and have played through most of it, and I can still admit that BotW is very different from it. The original LoZ didn't have a durability ('scuse me, fragility) mechanic to force you to use a bunch of different weapons that you may not want to use at all due to appearance or functionality. In the original LoZ, the items you got hidden in dungeons felt special because there's only one of that item in the game, unlike BotW where the only unique weapon is the Master Sword...which needs to be recharged due to the aforementioned durability mechanic.

BotW also has significantly less dungeons than LoZ, as it only has 4 compared to LoZ's 8. No, shrines aren't dungeons. The point is, the differences are there.

Literally none of those gave anything to do with the open world sand box.

LOZ has 9 dungeons, which are shorter than most of the shrines. Durability was in OoT, well before any of those other games. Let's not ignore the Giants Knife.

LoZ has 18 dungeons. And I don't count BotW's mini shrines as dungeons either. They're nothing but mandatory mini games that also function as warp points and they are far more useful as warp points.

There are only 4 mandatory shrines. 116 of them are optional. Also, the health is at least as useful as warp points. Stamina I would argue is more useful.

As for 18 dungeons in LOZ, it's a matter of perspective. I would argue that LOZ is more of a two pack of games with 9 dungeons each. Would you try to claim that OoT has twice as many dungeons on the GC and 3DS versions because of the Master Quest, or is that a case of there effectively being two games there?

No because they're the same dungeons in OoT, just reversed. All 18 of TLoZ's dungeons have completely different layouts, in the same Overworld in different locations. Its not like two completely different Zelda titles on the same cartridge. It's one game, two quests, 18 unique dungeons.
I'm a chick

n00bsaib0t
3 months ago#86
Lil_Bit83 posted...
It's one game, two quests, 18 unique dungeons.

They are called the first and second quests, but beating one counts as beating the game. Beating the other is also beating the game. You're confusing what Nintendo called it with what it actually is.

User Info: macknifficent89

macknifficent89
3 months ago#87
yahya_no_1 posted...
macknifficent89 posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
no.

Yes

but no.

umm...actually Yes.

actually no though.

Trust me, I looked into it, it is definitely a yes

i talked to my uncle who works at nintendo and he confirmed that it's definitely a no.

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
2 months ago#88
Anyway, why should they? Nintendo does just fine and if it had to be someone else, Grezzo could take a shot at making a new Zelda game.
I'm a chick

User Info: MegaButterfree

MegaButterfree
2 months ago#89
That is a disgustingly horrible idea. Dark Souls is garbage & I don't want any of that crap anywhere near Zelda.
http://i.imgur.com/1Tl5UHs.gif

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
2 months ago#90
MegaButterfree posted...
That is a disgustingly horrible idea. Dark Souls is garbage & I don't want any of that crap anywhere near Zelda.

theres already crap and garbage in botw tho
KPop
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. At this point Nintendo should let FromSoft do the next Zelda game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived