Lego City Undercover?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Lego City Undercover?

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
4 months ago#1
Which version should I get? I seen at my work they want the wiiu copy for $20 and the switch copy is $60
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: GameKing59

GameKing59
4 months ago#2
I'd say the Wii U version. For one, it's cheaper. For another, that's the version that I played.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
4 months ago#3
The Wii U version is the definitve one to get. It's cheaper and once you play you'll see that it was designed with the Gamepad in mind, something the other versions lack.
Wii U kicks the PS4's and Xbox One's ass

User Info: masticatingman

masticatingman
4 months ago#4
It does actually use the gamepad in the regular gameplay a lot so be prepared for that.

The only issue I had with it were the loading times, although they aren't as bad as they could be. Delightful game otherwise though.
mostly retro

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
4 months ago#5
Wii U version.

I guess they at the very least kept the Nintendo content for the Nvidia tablet version. The (actually awesome) gamepad controls however are gone thanks to bad hardware design. So Wii U version it is.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: Alphrin

Alphrin
4 months ago#6
It's part of the minority of games that actually took advantage of the Gamepad in a fun way, so if you have any interest in that then I'd say get the Wii U version for sure.

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
4 months ago#7
I have the Wii U and the Switch versions of the game. I prefer the Switch version for a multitude of reasons:

*Switch loading times are slightly shorter (though on the other hand there's no loading bar for some reason).
*I was not a fan of having the scanning mechanic exclusively use motion controls on the Wii U version. On Switch, I can use the right stick to pan around to find stuff.
*Both versions of the game have crash issues. If the Wii U game crashes, I have to get up from wherever I happen to be sitting, and either unplug the Wii U, or hold down the Power button until the system shuts down. If the Switch game crashes, I get a message, get booted back to the HOME Menu, and can restart the game or do whatever I want very quickly. Admittedly, this one is more down to the consoles themselves, rather than the game, but it is a difference.
*Having to switch between the game screen and the map on the same screen doesn't really bother me.
*The Switch version is slightly more than 1/3rd the size of the Wii U version (7.6GB vs 19GB). Granted, this one does not matter for physical-only people, but I prefer digital. I'm still curious as to how they managed this one though...
*I can put the Switch into sleep mode, therefore reducing the number of times I have to go through the long game launch load screen if I'm playing a rather long stretch. Can't say that about the Wii U version.

One other note: While most of the Nintendo specific content was retained on the Switch version, one item was not: the Mario Hat Red Brick is missing (so there are only 39 red bricks instead of 40).
Questionmarktarius 4 months ago#8
Isn't the Switch version still missing all the Mario stuff?
If you need multiplayer, get the Switch one. Otherwise, Wii U.

User Info: YAMBAG84

YAMBAG84
4 months ago#9
I'd get the Wii U version, love that game. I don't recommend the 3DS version...booooring. It's so redundant, I couldn't finish it.
Questionmarktarius 4 months ago#10
YAMBAG84 posted...
I don't recommend the 3DS version...booooring. It's so redundant, I couldn't finish it.

Also the load times are obscene... on a cart.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Lego City Undercover?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived