Sonic Boom ROL - why the hate?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Sonic Boom ROL - why the hate?

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
2 months ago#1
Recently started this game - not really a sonic game in the least but it's a fun Platformer romp with decent visuals and humor... Seems like a game designed in gen 6 - which is fine by me =>
#BanBlobboyendings

User Info: tvmasterdoodles

tvmasterdoodles
2 months ago#2
I adore the cartoon and have been wondering if Fire and Ice is worth $20.
"Roshi could mafuba Frieza into a Cooler to keep him Cold"

User Info: masticatingman

masticatingman
2 months ago#3
I believe it was subsequently patched? So it should be fine now. But initially it had a lot of glitches that speedrunners could exploit, just look up when it first made an appearance at a GDQ event.

Sonic games get a lot of hate either way though...mainly from the old Sega/Dreamcast fans who are constantly comparing the new titles to Sonic in his 90's heyday.
mostly retro

User Info: Crazy_tank51

Crazy_tank51
2 months ago#4
It was buggy AF at launch and this on top of being generic and trying way too hard to appeal to younger players.
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD

User Info: YAMBAG84

YAMBAG84
2 months ago#5
It's hated, because Sonic has been balls ever since it went 3D on Dreamcast or even on Genesis in 3-D Blast. Side scroller is the only way to make Sonic work. He's still the laughing stock of gaming...sorry.

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
2 months ago#6
YAMBAG84 posted...
It's hated, because Sonic has been balls ever since it went 3D on Dreamcast or even on Genesis in 3-D Blast. Side scroller is the only way to make Sonic work. He's still the laughing stock of gaming...sorry.

You should actually try the games sometime. I like Lost World the most of his 3d offerings but Boom is still a 7 out of 10.
#BanBlobboyendings

User Info: YAMBAG84

YAMBAG84
2 months ago#7
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
YAMBAG84 posted...

You should actually try the games sometime. I like Lost World the most of his 3d offerings but Boom is still a 7 out of 10.

I have bought and played;

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Sonic and the Black Knight, and Lost World. I think they are absolutely god awful.

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
2 months ago#8
YAMBAG84 posted...

YAMBAG84 posted...
I have bought and played;

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Sonic and the Black Knight, and Lost World. I think they are absolutely god awful.

LMAO

In other words you haven't played the games famed for nailing 3d Sonic, Colors and Generations (which, by the way, play NOTHING like the games you mentioned), so you're ignorant and choose to stay that way.

User Info: MannyCav

MannyCav
2 months ago#9
Mr_Rudd posted...
LMAO

In other words you haven't played the games famed for nailing 3d Sonic, Colors and Generations (which, by the way, play NOTHING like the games you mentioned), so you're ignorant and choose to stay that way.

To be fair, it took quite a long time for the 3D Sonic formula to get from the first Adventure game YAMBAG84 mentioned to Sonic Colors. I can see how someone could drop off the 3D Sonic bandwagon, expecting future titles to follow that same formula. I don't think YAMBAG84 has said anything about refusing to play the two games you mentioned. It might not be choosing to be ignorant; maybe he's genuinely unaware. Or maybe he has played those games and still thinks they're subpar. I don't know; you don't know; we don't know.

He also didn't mention Sonic Heroes, Sonic [06], or Shadow the Hedgehog. Going by this logic, he might not have played or mentioned the 'good' 3D Sonic games yet, but he certainly didn't mention all of the 'bad' ones, either.
BoR Amendment X 12/15/1791-6/26/2015
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.--Grenier

User Info: TheZuperHero

TheZuperHero
2 months ago#10
Biggest (legit) criticism I heard is that the ability to expand your ring capacity is locked behind owning the 3DS version as well.
Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI (DS), Darksiders: Warmastered (Wii U), Etrian Odyssey Untold, Splatoon 2
3DS FC: 4167-4549-4028 NNID: TotalJakeout
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Sonic Boom ROL - why the hate?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived