Smash 4 vs. Mario Kart 8

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Smash 4 vs. Mario Kart 8

User Info: red_car

red_car
4 months ago#1
Which game has better single player and multiplayer? - Results (57 votes)
Smash for single player, Mario Kart for multiplayer
15.79% (9 votes)
Mario Kart for single player, Smash for multiplayer
17.54% (10 votes)
Smash for single player and multiplayer
42.11% (24 votes)
Mario Kart for single player and multiplayer
24.56% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
There have been a few polls like this one, although I didn't see any that had these options to choose from.

Recently (and finally) bought these two after only playing friends' copies once in a while. I'm wondering if any people prefer single player in one game and multiplayer in the other? Or maybe most out there prefer both in the same game?
-----

User Info: GuyKopski

GuyKopski
4 months ago#2
Smash 4 has the s***tiest single player of any of the Smash games. They literally went out of their way to make it suck, because Sakurai was angry at Youtubers or something. Mario Kart's is the same as it always is, nothing special, but at least not actively worse than the previous games.

I would definitely say Smash has better multiplayer though.

User Info: mooocooow02

mooocooow02
4 months ago#3
I think the real reason is the 3DS, he wanted to water down the single player so it would work on that system (which sold more units) but then single player sucked
Please understand. I don't want the NX to fail I just assume that it will.

User Info: este914

este914
4 months ago#4
Different things
--
-

User Info: red_car

red_car
4 months ago#5
este914 posted...
Different things

Smash and Mario Kart aren't totally incomparable imo.

Both games are from popular series that go back a while and also offer some form of competition. It comes down to which game provided better entertainment in single player and multiplayer.
-----

User Info: Linkums

Linkums
4 months ago#6
Mario Kart 8 is just the same as Mario Kart 7 and Wii, but with better graphics and different tracks. It plays well and looks great, but it's still a somewhat lazy sequel. Diddy Kong Racing, Crash Team Racing, and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed all had more to do than any Mario Kart.
Hi! I'm the author of What They Call Games. Nice to meet you!
http://whattheycallgames.com

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 months ago#7
They're entirely different games, it all comes down to genre preference.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 months ago#8
MK8 is bad so SSB4, which is good, just not "Melee good."

User Info: MegaButterfree

MegaButterfree
3 months ago#9
I prefer MK8 all around. SSB4 is fun but I enjoy the MK series a lot more than the SSB series.
http://i.imgur.com/1Tl5UHs.gif

User Info: vinydreams

vinydreams
3 months ago#10
MK8.

SSB4 has none single player at all... and multiplayer, well... that 'Smash Tour' is one of the worst and saddiest things I had ever seen after 20th years of gaming. Huge garbage.
"Princess! No need to worry. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies!" - Balthier (FFXII)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Smash 4 vs. Mario Kart 8

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived