They could've easily released Gamecube VC since the Wii U had Gamecube hardware.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. They could've easily released Gamecube VC since the Wii U had Gamecube hardware.

User Info: BalloonBattle05

BalloonBattle05
2 months ago#1
Complete with Super Mario Strikers, Mario Kart: Double Dash and Mario Party 7 supporting 8 controller offline play.

I would've bought a Wii U just for these three and Smash Wii U if this was done, and this is coming from someone who owns discs of Double Dash and all 4 Mario Parties on Cube. I also used to have Strikers, but then I lost the disc.

I wonder why would Nintendo not do this.
I wonder if several users here like to type with big meaty claws. If not, they don't defend dumb choices like Pokemon Transporter or Nintendo charging for OLMP.

User Info: wisemidds

wisemidds
2 months ago#2
Saving it for the Switch is my guess. No point in wasting such a great feature on such a poorly selling console (pains me to say it). It plays GCN amazingly and with the Smash usb adaptor you could argue it's better than the real thing.
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
NNID, PSN: wisemidds

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
2 months ago#3
In a way, i think it had to with the releases of Wind Wkaer and Twilight Princess HD.
Wii U kicks the PS4's and Xbox One's ass

User Info: tvmasterdoodles

tvmasterdoodles
2 months ago#4
They're never gonna do this.
"Roshi could mafuba Frieza into a Cooler to keep him Cold"

BalloonBattle05
2 months ago#5
tvmasterdoodles posted...
They're never gonna do this.

Remake a game to allow 8 players?
I wonder if several users here like to type with big meaty claws. If not, they don't defend dumb choices like Pokemon Transporter or Nintendo charging for OLMP.

User Info: DekuFireMage

DekuFireMage
2 months ago#6
Why put GameCube games on the shop for $20 when they can just make HD ports, hype them up and sell them for $60 + an amiibo support line.

BalloonBattle05
2 months ago#7
DekuFireMage posted...
Why put GameCube games on the shop for $20 when they can just make HD ports, hype them up and sell them for $60 + an amiibo support line.

Isn't it easier to put games on VC?

User Info: DekuFireMage

DekuFireMage
2 months ago#8
BalloonBattle05 posted...
DekuFireMage posted...

Isn't it easier to put games on VC?

Yes, but then they can't sell remasters and make the same amount of money off of them as a brand new title with actual effort. For example, having Wind Waker on the shop would have deflated a lot of support of Wind Waker HD and cannibalized sales.

User Info: masticatingman

masticatingman
2 months ago#9
If it had sold like or at least somewhere near to the original Wii, I'd hedge a bet it could've happened. I thought the lowest blow was releasing 'Pikmin 2' on the Wii VC...like, seriously? Why can't you just release the GameCube version so I can play it on the pro controller or gamepad?

The HD port argument doesn't really make sense since you're just talking about the two Zelda GameCube titles. They could've just left those two games off the VC. And if they had released a good crop of 40-50 GameCube VC games, actually, that probably would've really boosted sales since the GameCube library is one of the hottest retro gaming trends right now as we speak.
I don't really like to dispute facts, just rearrange them as necessary. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
2 months ago#10
They'd rather you buy the inferior installments in those series like SSB4 & MK8.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. They could've easily released Gamecube VC since the Wii U had Gamecube hardware.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived