HDMI cuts out or just doesn't display a picture

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. HDMI cuts out or just doesn't display a picture

User Info: dlf

dlf
2 months ago#1
About a month or two ago on a Friday I believe my house got struck by lightning, until then I'm fairly certain that the HDMI port wouldn't suddenly cut out, but as I sit here playing BOTW on a computer monitor (ASUS PB278Q) it has cut out and I try changing to HDMI (from displayport which my computer uses) I get a blue-screen with text (pop-up) saying no signal. Few hours ago when I was playing (same monitor) I could see a picture, so know the HDMI port of the system still works. I have tried a different HDMI cable, but not a different monitor (or a TV, though I tried a TV to see if the system would show a picture (it did) before plugging it into the monitor).

So how can I get a monitor (or TV) picture out of the Wii-U without losing singal?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fPvPyc

User Info: BlairBear86

BlairBear86
2 months ago#2
Sometimes the sound doesn't work on mine and I have to reboot the console to get the sound working again... weird. I don't know much about things like that.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. HDMI cuts out or just doesn't display a picture

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived