The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

User Info: jayj420

jayj420
2 months ago#1
It was probably the worst selling DK platformer and kind of killed off DK platforming as a result. I know DK fanboys loved it but it seems like most people weren't such big fans.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

User Info: masticatingman

masticatingman
2 months ago#2
jayj420 posted...
It was probably the worst selling DK platformer and kind of killed off DK platforming as a result. I know DK fanboys loved it but it seems like most people weren't such big fans.

Wii U sold terribly compared to the SNES or the Wii so this isn't surprising.

Can't say it killed off DK platforming? There was a 14 year gap between DKC 3 and DKC Returns.
I don't really like to dispute facts, just rearrange them as necessary. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

User Info: jayj420

jayj420
2 months ago#3
masticatingman posted...
jayj420 posted...

Wii U sold terribly compared to the SNES or the Wii so this isn't surprising.

Can't say it killed off DK platforming? There was a 14 year gap between DKC 3 and DKC Returns.

True, but DKC3 was also a troubled game much like Tropical Freeze.

Any way you put it, Topical Freeze definitely killed off DK for a while.

...also we also had DK64 if you want to count that
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

User Info: fuzi11

fuzi11
2 months ago#4
How did Tropical Freeze kill the franchise? It was an amazing game.

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
2 months ago#5
jayj420 posted...

i agree. it'll be at least a full year or two until a DK game is announced for Switch... and all cause of that dang Tropical Freeze.. what with its top notch level design, gorgeous visuals, outstanding soundtrack, and that tight challenging gameplay that is simultaneously innovative & imaginative while still staying true to the classic 2D platformer genre.. what were they thinking!?!?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned
Gamertag/NNID: Bonepill

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
2 months ago#6
jayj420 posted...
True, but DKC3 was also a troubled game much like Tropical Freeze.

...also we also had DK64 if you want to count that

I'd blame DK64 for the series hiatus more than I'd blame DKC3, personally.

User Info: kranix1

kranix1
2 months ago#7
Remember when this Board used to claim it was superior to Rayman Legends?
Literally if it wasn't Nintendo I would return the god damn thing and never f***ing buy another Nintendo product again.- hilliet

User Info: Slave 1

Slave 1
2 months ago#8
Modern DK (1994-present) has never really had a hiatus. The longest break between DK games was 3 years from 2000-2002 (DK64 came out in 99 and Donkey Konga came out in 03). That could be tied if we don't get a DK game by the end of next year since Mario vs. DK: Tipping Stars came out in 2015.
Main objective is efficiency; life is inefficient; life hinders the main objective; life must be eliminated.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
2 months ago#9
It was not a good DKC game. Should've just used new characters, then it wouldn't taint the series. It would be an okay, forgettable game instead of a blemish...

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
2 months ago#10
I enjoyed it, and I've never even played the one that was on the Wii.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived