The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 months ago#11
Skill4Reel posted...
I enjoyed it, and I've never even played the one that was on the Wii.

DKCR was much better. Still not great like the Rare games, but good.

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
3 months ago#12
DKC3 is a perfectly good game. I haven't played Tropical Freeze, but I can honestly say that Returns is boring and charmless. The waggle controls made it annoying and the lack of tag-teaming is bulls***.
I'm a chick

User Info: digressive

digressive
3 months ago#13
It's the only DK platformer that I actually like.

I've tried every previous iteration and quit after a few levels.

I got Tropical Freeze over a year ago and I still love playing it.

User Info: TallWhiteNinja

TallWhiteNinja
3 months ago#14
Tropical Freeze is amazing; better than the original Returns, best platformer on the Wii U (Rayman Legends is great, but I'll give TF the nod by a hair) and holds its own with the originals (though it's clearly different). Citing sales numbers for any Wii U game is gonna look ugly, simply because no one bought the Wii U in the first place.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/TallWhiteNinja

User Info: star_ark

star_ark
3 months ago#15
it was an awesome game and people liked it for the gameplay, not just the characters

User Info: star_ark

star_ark
3 months ago#16
Also i think it sold very good numbers compared to most wii u games. I bet Kirby, Yoshi, Animal Crossing, Mario Tennis, Mario Party etc franchises didn't die from the wii u so why single out donkey kong? the next mario game has new donk city as the central location so Donkey Kong still seems pretty important to nintendo

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 months ago#17
TallWhiteNinja posted...
Tropical Freeze is amazing; better than the original Returns, best platformer on the Wii U (Rayman Legends is great, but I'll give TF the nod by a hair) and holds its own with the originals (though it's clearly different). Citing sales numbers for any Wii U game is gonna look ugly, simply because no one bought the Wii U in the first place.

There's no way you can honestly look at DKTF and think, "yep, this s*** art direction, s*** character sounds, and inferior, gimmicky gameplay is equal to DKC2, yessir." I simply refuse to believe it.Lil_Bit83 posted...

DKC3 is a perfectly good game. I haven't played Tropical Freeze, but I can honestly say that Returns is boring and charmless. The waggle controls made it annoying and the lack of tag-teaming is bulls***.

True, but DKCR multiplayer is okay one time through, it is no classic though. There's something about the weird controls in DKCTF that really screw it up, so much even multi can't save it.

User Info: este914

este914
3 months ago#18
Nothing wrong with DKC3 or TF
--
-

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
3 months ago#19
You mean in the same way that people would only like Rayman Tropical Freeze because it was Rayman, or Mario Tropical Freeze because it was Mario, or Sonic Tropical Freeze, Crash Tropical Freeze... What is even your point? Of course people liked Tropical Freeze because it was a DK game, what else it is?

It's a DK game in the same vein as every 2D DK game, nothing more, nothing less.

User Info: doutforharambe

doutforharambe
3 months ago#20
I hated dk 64. Loved tropical freeze because the gameplay was great.
Playing dat Persona 5!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived