The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
3 months ago#21
SSjYagami posted...
TallWhiteNinja posted...
Tropical Freeze is amazing; better than the original Returns, best platformer on the Wii U (Rayman Legends is great, but I'll give TF the nod by a hair) and holds its own with the originals (though it's clearly different). Citing sales numbers for any Wii U game is gonna look ugly, simply because no one bought the Wii U in the first place.

There's no way you can honestly look at DKTF and think, "yep, this s*** art direction, s*** character sounds, and inferior, gimmicky gameplay is equal to DKC2, yessir." I simply refuse to believe it.Lil_Bit83 posted...

DKC3 is a perfectly good game. I haven't played Tropical Freeze, but I can honestly say that Returns is boring and charmless. The waggle controls made it annoying and the lack of tag-teaming is bulls***.

True, but DKCR multiplayer is okay one time through, it is no classic though. There's something about the weird controls in DKCTF that really screw it up, so much even multi can't save it.

That's a shame. I have been considering getting TF.
I'm a chick

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 months ago#22
Lil_Bit83 posted...
SSjYagami posted...
TallWhiteNinja posted...
Tropical Freeze is amazing; better than the original Returns, best platformer on the Wii U (Rayman Legends is great, but I'll give TF the nod by a hair) and holds its own with the originals (though it's clearly different). Citing sales numbers for any Wii U game is gonna look ugly, simply because no one bought the Wii U in the first place.

There's no way you can honestly look at DKTF and think, "yep, this s*** art direction, s*** character sounds, and inferior, gimmicky gameplay is equal to DKC2, yessir." I simply refuse to believe it.Lil_Bit83 posted...

DKC3 is a perfectly good game. I haven't played Tropical Freeze, but I can honestly say that Returns is boring and charmless. The waggle controls made it annoying and the lack of tag-teaming is bulls***.

True, but DKCR multiplayer is okay one time through, it is no classic though. There's something about the weird controls in DKCTF that really screw it up, so much even multi can't save it.

It's not unplayable, and it is an above average Platformer, but as a DKC game specifically, it is disappointing. Zero charm, doesn't feel like DK at all, VERY artificial.

User Info: Canas_Renvall

Canas_Renvall
3 months ago#23
Lil_Bit83 posted...

It's actually an incredibly fun game, don't know why you'd listen to the one guy over everyone else saying it's good. Not to say he can't dislike it or that majority is always right, but... something to consider. :P
Play games, not companies.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
3 months ago#24
Most of its fans are probably not DKC fans.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#25
ROB45 posted...

Ah yes, the 'no true scotsman' fallacy, been a while since I've seen that old gem. It's fine if you didn't like TF, but plenty would disagree with you. It's an attractive game with tight controls and clever level design that's very fun to play, and I've played/enjoyed past DKC games myself.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
3 months ago#26
Canas_Renvall posted...
Lil_Bit83 posted...

It's actually an incredibly fun game, don't know why you'd listen to the one guy over everyone else saying it's good. Not to say he can't dislike it or that majority is always right, but... something to consider. :P

Because I didn't like the motion controls and lack of tag team in Returns and have been somewhat ambivalent about getting TF. The other Kongs are there to be partners, not serve as glorified power ups. I'm thinking Retro has never played a DKC game in their lives.
I'm a chick

User Info: Spookyryu

Spookyryu
3 months ago#27
its my 4th fav donkey kong game, I dont understand this post, for me is still superior to rayman

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
3 months ago#28
Terrible trolling topic, and pointless to boot. Obviously TC did not play it.

Uhm...Many people think Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is the best of the franchise.

If you cite poor sales as your only standard of quality, then you've conveniently left out that DKC:TF was poorly marketed on Nintendo's worst selling home console and small install base.

Also, DKC:TF launched before Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash for Wii U...so the struggling console didn't even have it's heavy hitters yet!

Anyone who actually played the game knows how amazing it is.
Gamefaqs: The original home of 'Alternative Facts'...

User Info: TendaShy

TendaShy
3 months ago#29
SSjYagami posted...
Skill4Reel posted...
I enjoyed it, and I've never even played the one that was on the Wii.

DKCR was much better. Still not great like the Rare games, but good.

Yes, I agree DKCR was definitely better, but Tropical Freeze was good for one play.
NNID: TendaShy
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/TendaShy

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 months ago#30
JKatarn posted...
ROB45 posted...

Ah yes, the 'no true scotsman' fallacy, been a while since I've seen that old gem. It's fine if you didn't like TF, but plenty would disagree with you. It's an attractive game with tight controls and clever level design that's very fun to play, and I've played/enjoyed past DKC games myself.

They're entirely different experiences, you could swap the graphics in DKCR & TF and they'd be completely different games. They don't at all feel like DKC so your "fallacy" argument falls flat, the guy is right.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived