The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

User Info: jayj420

jayj420
3 months ago#41
Torgo posted...
jayj420 posted...
Blayshy posted...
Holy s***, this thread.

Yeah I can't believe how it actually turned into a good argument with lots of opinions. Quite proud of this one, and people say you can discuss anything around here anymore...

LOL.

You went into this one trying to attack people that liked the game, and you obviously never played it.

Almost all people saying it's not great are nostalgia goggle wearing Rare fans who would hate anything that isn't their beloved originals.

Dude the only thing that is obvious is how you are a complete and total fanboy. The tired old "you have never played it" line is just pure irony considering the fact that you accused me of attacking people.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
3 months ago#42
jayj420 posted...
Torgo posted...
jayj420 posted...
Blayshy posted...
Holy s***, this thread.

Yeah I can't believe how it actually turned into a good argument with lots of opinions. Quite proud of this one, and people say you can discuss anything around here anymore...

LOL.

You went into this one trying to attack people that liked the game, and you obviously never played it.

Almost all people saying it's not great are nostalgia goggle wearing Rare fans who would hate anything that isn't their beloved originals.

Dude the only thing that is obvious is how you are a complete and total fanboy. The tired old "you have never played it" line is just pure irony considering the fact that you accused me of attacking people.

Ignore him, he is the type who dismisses valid opinions by attacking a person. "Nostalgia goggles" is a particularly lazy attack by apologists. God forbid an "old game" be better, right?
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
3 months ago#43
I agree with TC, except... I've only ever played DKC1 on gameboy a sequel a kid and never even finished it, and yet I thought Tropical Freeze was one of the best platformers I've ever played.

But other than that...
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
3 months ago#44
DKC2>3 > Jungle Beat > Everything else.
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://imgur.com/jjRtx0x.jpg

User Info: Crazy4Mario

Crazy4Mario
3 months ago#45
Lil_Bit83 posted...
DKC3 is a perfectly good game. I haven't played Tropical Freeze, but I can honestly say that Returns is boring and charmless. The waggle controls made it annoying and the lack of tag-teaming is bulls***.

No it isn't. Returns is great. And shaking the wii remote is a fun control style to replace a button press sometimes. I like it.
People need to stop saying "eww waggle, gross". Shaking the wii remote to do stuff in games is fun. It doesn't take away from the experience or anything and it's not difficult. Shaking to spin jump in Super Mario Galaxy worked really good. (I didn't have any problems with it)
Prepare for trouble.
Make it double.

User Info: jayj420

jayj420
3 months ago#46
Crazy4Mario posted...
Lil_Bit83 posted...
DKC3 is a perfectly good game. I haven't played Tropical Freeze, but I can honestly say that Returns is boring and charmless. The waggle controls made it annoying and the lack of tag-teaming is bulls***.

No it isn't. Returns is great. And shaking the wii remote is a fun control style to replace a button press sometimes. I like it.
People need to stop saying "eww waggle, gross". Shaking the wii remote to do stuff in games is fun. It doesn't take away from the experience or anything and it's not difficult. Shaking to spin jump in Super Mario Galaxy worked really good. (I didn't have any problems with it)

As someone who has all the noteworthy Wii games, that is a flat out lie.

Having to shake the controller for actions ruined a lot of Wii games.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
3 months ago#47
The waggle was alright in some games (Mario Galaxy), and dreadful in others (Spider-Man 3).

Crazy4Mario
3 months ago#48
SSjYagami posted...
Lil_Bit83 posted...
SSjYagami posted...
TallWhiteNinja posted...
Tropical Freeze is amazing; better than the original Returns, best platformer on the Wii U (Rayman Legends is great, but I'll give TF the nod by a hair) and holds its own with the originals (though it's clearly different). Citing sales numbers for any Wii U game is gonna look ugly, simply because no one bought the Wii U in the first place.

There's no way you can honestly look at DKTF and think, "yep, this s*** art direction, s*** character sounds, and inferior, gimmicky gameplay is equal to DKC2, yessir." I simply refuse to believe it.Lil_Bit83 posted...

True, but DKCR multiplayer is okay one time through, it is no classic though. There's something about the weird controls in DKCTF that really screw it up, so much even multi can't save it.

That's a shame. I have been considering getting TF.

It's not unplayable, and it is an above average Platformer, but as a DKC game specifically, it is disappointing. Zero charm, doesn't feel like DK at all, VERY artificial.

No it isn't. Don't listen to this guy. TF is an awesome, really fun game.
Prepare for trouble.
Make it double.

Crazy4Mario
3 months ago#49
Lil_Bit83 posted...
Canas_Renvall posted...
Lil_Bit83 posted...
That's a shame. I have been considering getting TF.

It's actually an incredibly fun game, don't know why you'd listen to the one guy over everyone else saying it's good. Not to say he can't dislike it or that majority is always right, but... something to consider. :P

Because I didn't like the motion controls and lack of tag team in Returns and have been somewhat ambivalent about getting TF. The other Kongs are there to be partners, not serve as glorified power ups. I'm thinking Retro has never played a DKC game in their lives.

There's nothing wrong with the motion controls in DKCR. They were fine. Some people are just so f***ing against motion controls. It's really stupid. Motion controls are fun, and I enjoy them in all the games I've played. I don't play s***ty games. So I've never played any of those games out there that use motion control too much and it's stupid. Please get that stick out of your a**es people. There should be NO reason to not like the motion control in games like Mario Galaxy and DKCR.
Prepare for trouble.
Make it double.

Crazy4Mario
3 months ago#50
Mr_Rudd posted...
The waggle was alright in some games (Mario Galaxy), and dreadful in others (Spider-Man 3).

Quit calling it waggle!

It has a negative connotation when people say waggle when talking about motion control. It's not just waggle.
Prepare for trouble.
Make it double.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The only reason anybody liked Tropical Freeze is because it was Donkey Kong

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived