Why waste money on a SNES Classic Mini console?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why waste money on a SNES Classic Mini console?

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
1 month ago#1
When you already have all but two of the games on the Wii U and Wii Virtual Console (well, Yoshi's Island is the GBA version).

StarFox 1 & 2 aren't worth buying the Classic Mini console for.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
1 month ago#2
to me, for starfox 2. i already own the actual carts of all the games provided. but im dying to play a finished, completely working copy of star fox 2.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

User Info: colt85

colt85
1 month ago#3
Because it's an official mini SNES.
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

User Info: darkphoenix181

darkphoenix181
1 month ago#4
isn't $80 cheaper than buying all on wii u vc?
sigless user is me or am I?

Bass_X0
1 month ago#5
darkphoenix181 posted...

if you don't own any games at all already. but many of us should already have several games that are also on the SNES Mini. I already have all of them on Virtual Console except for StarFox 1 and 2, and I have the GBA version of Yoshi's Island.

User Info: OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer
1 month ago#6
The controllers are the only reason I'm even considering it. But they're not worth $80.

Star Fox 2 kinda sweetens the deal, but still. It's too much.

User Info: Solis

Solis
1 month ago#7
Bass_X0 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

if you don't own any games at all already. but many of us should already have several games that are also on the SNES Mini. I already have all of them on Virtual Console except for StarFox 1 and 2, and I have the GBA version of Yoshi's Island.

Speak for yourself. Not everyone buys overpriced, 20+ year old digital games. And amusingly, even if you already own HALF the games that are included with the SNES Classic Edition, it STILL wouldn't be cheaper to buy the remaining games from the VC than it would be to just buy the SNES Classic Edition (not to mention you get two controllers with the SNES Classic Edition)
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review

Bass_X0
1 month ago#8
Too bad about the shortages then. Any you will find will be priced much higher than the retail price is.

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
1 month ago#9
colt85 posted...
Because it's an official mini SNES.

This. I'd love to waste money on a convenient package of games that hits me in the nostalgia. It's a shame Nintendo doesn't want to sell it to people and I'm certainly not paying scalper scum.
I'm a chick

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#10
1.) Novelty

2.) It has at least one game (Starfox 2) that was never released on the VC

3.) The SNES replica controllers.

4.) There are plenty of people that would spend $80 on this vs. $200 on a used Wii-U + the individual costs of games.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why waste money on a SNES Classic Mini console?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived