Why waste money on a SNES Classic Mini console?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why waste money on a SNES Classic Mini console?

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
3 months ago#11
I won't. I don't want one.

User Info: YAMBAG84

YAMBAG84
3 months ago#12
Because it's awesome and it's a Nintendo collector's piece or novelty item...that you can play. Also for Starfox 2 even though the game isn't that good. That and Secret of Mana are the only two I don't own, but I don't care, I want it...I must have it!

User Info: Yield2DNuggetry

Yield2DNuggetry
3 months ago#13
If you know what to do with a Wii.....

*laughs hysterically*

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
3 months ago#14
Solis posted...
Bass_X0 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
isn't $80 cheaper than buying all on wii u vc?

if you don't own any games at all already. but many of us should already have several games that are also on the SNES Mini. I already have all of them on Virtual Console except for StarFox 1 and 2, and I have the GBA version of Yoshi's Island.

Speak for yourself. Not everyone buys overpriced, 20+ year old digital games. And amusingly, even if you already own HALF the games that are included with the SNES Classic Edition, it STILL wouldn't be cheaper to buy the remaining games from the VC than it would be to just buy the SNES Classic Edition (not to mention you get two controllers with the SNES Classic Edition)

why do people mention two controllers as if it was a plus? to me its a detriment, i cant use my original snes controllers nor i can use the snes mini controllers for my actual snes which are somewhat weary after 20+ years of constant use. so if those controllers give out, i cant use my snes controllers on it. will nintendo offer replacements for them?
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

User Info: Solis

Solis
3 months ago#15
dr_zomberg posted...
why do people mention two controllers as if it was a plus? to me its a detriment, i cant use my original snes controllers nor i can use the snes mini controllers for my actual snes which are somewhat weary after 20+ years of constant use. so if those controllers give out, i cant use my snes controllers on it. will nintendo offer replacements for them?

Because it's better to include the controllers you'd need to properly use the system than to expect people to buy them separately.

And they made the classic edition NES controllers available for purchase separately, so I'm expecting they'll do the same with these. In fact unless there's some kind of weird controller lockout going on, any third party should be able to make an SNES-styled controller of their own since it uses the standard Wii remote type connector.
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
3 months ago#16
ahh cool, didnt know they were made for individual sale. just hope i can get a snes mini in the future because f***ing amazon didnt send me a notif when preorders came live.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
3 months ago#17
JKatarn posted...
1.) Novelty

2.) It has at least one game (Starfox 2) that was never released on the VC

3.) The SNES replica controllers.

4.) There are plenty of people that would spend $80 on this vs. $200 on a used Wii-U + the individual costs of games.

Nobody except scalpers will ever see one for $80.

Plus shouldn't we already have a Wii U? That's why we're here on the Wii U forum, right? And even those who don't have a lot more games to play than just a bunch of SNES games.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: colt85

colt85
3 months ago#18
Bass_X0 posted...
JKatarn posted...
1.) Novelty

2.) It has at least one game (Starfox 2) that was never released on the VC

3.) The SNES replica controllers.

4.) There are plenty of people that would spend $80 on this vs. $200 on a used Wii-U + the individual costs of games.

Nobody except scalpers will ever see one for $80.

Plus shouldn't we already have a Wii U? That's why we're here on the Wii U forum, right? And even those who don't have a lot more games to play than just a bunch of SNES games.

Assuming only people on the Wii U board are interested in the SNES mini.
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

User Info: Slave 1

Slave 1
3 months ago#19
Do the math:

Wii U = $200
SNES VC games = $8 x 19 + $10 x 1 (Earthbound) = $162

So you could pay $362 for the same experience, STILL be one game short, and also you'd be one controller short & have to play on a controller not designed for SNES games.

Or you could pay $80 for the SNES Classic.
Main objective is efficiency; life is inefficient; life hinders the main objective; life must be eliminated.

User Info: darklink1017

darklink1017
3 months ago#20
Or you could just emulate everything for free to begin with.
SNOOKI LMAO --->http://i.imgur.com/Pgtkt.gif
RONDA LMAO ---->https://i.imgur.com/duzX4Vn.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why waste money on a SNES Classic Mini console?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived