Questions about pokemon battle revolution

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Questions about pokemon battle revolution

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
2 months ago#1
I was thinking about getting this game and I was wondering
Can it connect to D/P/Pt in a wii u console?
Does it give anything to D/P/Pt through transfer like pokemon or items?
How do I connect the game to the ds games?
What point in D/P/Pt do I have to be to unlock ability to transfer stuff?
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
2 months ago#2
Yeah it can connect to the Wii u
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: FuzzyJello

FuzzyJello
2 months ago#3
You can get an Electivire and Magmortar from some special condition I don't remember right off, and you earn coupons to spend on held items and such, though if I recall you can only send one of each item.

Keep in mind that PBR is absurdly rigid compared to the Stadium games. Like, I don't know how such a likely-rushed game had the time to deliberately make itself this hard to use.

The game has four saves, each tied to one save file on one cart. The game lets you copy your entire party + PC boxes into the game at once, but doesn't let you swap held items around or copy your bag to let you use things like TMs, so if you want to change literally anything about a Pokemon you will have to do it on the DS game then reupload your entire shadow copy. Similarly, you cannot use a Pokemon in more than one Battle Pass (registered team), meaning you will have to delete the entire Pass to relocate one Pokemon. Only 2 of the 8 stadiums have a "Round 2" variant (a Battle 100 mode and 8 4-match "Master's Battle" sets), and while they are the ones I would have chosen with a gun to my head, its a darn shame because PBR has some great battle gimmicks that would have been a lot more interesting with more advanced Pokemon.

The silver lining to all this was that you could exchange friend passes other players online and potentially get yourself 60 fun teams to use in free battles (I know I did!), but with Nintendo Wi-Fi gone that's not an option anymore.

If you can deal with all of that, its a really pretty battle hub with appreciable "Round 2" content, but without online play (or a game card with dozens of good Pokemon to make a bunch of passes to play around with), its value is rather shot.

User Info: BalloonBattle05

BalloonBattle05
1 month ago#4
FuzzyJello posted...
You can get an Electivire and Magmortar from some special condition I don't remember right off, and you earn coupons to spend on held items and such, though if I recall you can only send one of each item.

Keep in mind that PBR is absurdly rigid compared to the Stadium games. Like, I don't know how such a likely-rushed game had the time to deliberately make itself this hard to use.

The game has four saves, each tied to one save file on one cart. The game lets you copy your entire party + PC boxes into the game at once, but doesn't let you swap held items around or copy your bag to let you use things like TMs, so if you want to change literally anything about a Pokemon you will have to do it on the DS game then reupload your entire shadow copy. Similarly, you cannot use a Pokemon in more than one Battle Pass (registered team), meaning you will have to delete the entire Pass to relocate one Pokemon. Only 2 of the 8 stadiums have a "Round 2" variant (a Battle 100 mode and 8 4-match "Master's Battle" sets), and while they are the ones I would have chosen with a gun to my head, its a darn shame because PBR has some great battle gimmicks that would have been a lot more interesting with more advanced Pokemon.

The silver lining to all this was that you could exchange friend passes other players online and potentially get yourself 60 fun teams to use in free battles (I know I did!), but with Nintendo Wi-Fi gone that's not an option anymore.

If you can deal with all of that, its a really pretty battle hub with appreciable "Round 2" content, but without online play (or a game card with dozens of good Pokemon to make a bunch of passes to play around with), its value is rather shot.

Well the Stadium games lacked double battles, had ridiculous movesets (Water Gun on a Feraligatr, really?) and Stadium 1 was based off Gen 1's outdated mechanics.

The minigames are great, but the battle system is not.
I wonder if several users here like to type with big meaty claws. If not, they don't defend dumb choices like Pokemon Transporter or Nintendo charging for OLMP.

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
1 month ago#5
I used to have PBR but I sold it. It wasn't a game for me.

I had fond memories of Stadium from when I was a kid. I literally put PBR in my Wii one time and played it for about 15 minutes. The magic wasn't there.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
1 month ago#6
The games sucked after Stadium 2, we need Stadium 3.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#7
SSjYagami posted...

Besides the minigames there is nothing that Stadium 3 would introduce to make itself look different because Pokémon is already in 3D
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: FuzzyJello

FuzzyJello
1 month ago#8
BalloonBattle05 posted...
Well the Stadium games lacked double battles, had ridiculous movesets (Water Gun on a Feraligatr, really?) and Stadium 1 was based off Gen 1's outdated mechanics.

The problem with making the battle mechanics the end-all-be-all is that you have to circle back around to how much you can do with the games themselves.

Joe/Jane public won't beat Stadium 1 or 2 with rentals, but they can actually play most of the game they bought with most of the Pokemon they bought it to battle with. The games have value even without a Game Boy game in tow. Meanwhile Battle Revolution fails on both counts: it gives you a handful of preset teams you likely cannot finish the game with, but then tries to cover its arse by balancing most of its content with those presets in mind, gimping its most novel game modes for DS Pokemon players in the attempt.

PBR is a blast and worth the trouble when it works, but Genius Sonority's objective was a pretty battle host with universal level scaling and friend code free online play, not an internally complete game.

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
1 month ago#9
BalloonBattle05 posted...

Duh. They wanted to give players a reason to use their own Pokemon raised in the handheld games. If the rentals had great movesets, most people wouldn't have bothered using their own Pokemon.

Besides, the minigames, GB tower and Prof Oak's lab > double battles

LuigiFan835 posted...
SSjYagami posted...

Besides the minigames there is nothing that Stadium 3 would introduce to make itself look different because Pokémon is already in 3D

Eh. Analogues to the GB tower and Prof Oak's lab would still be great. I really miss the ability to effortlessly transfer, sort and filter Pokemon and items. Even Pokemon Bank feels rather primitive and limited compared to Prof Oak's lab from the Stadiums, not even letting you store items or Pokemon with held items.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
1 month ago#10
LuigiFan835 posted...
SSjYagami posted...

Pretty narrowminded there. For one thing, even if they couldn't innovate, which they can, just have an easy, fast way to battle friends on or offline is enough of a draw. Switch is the perfect platform for a return of Stadium. If you can't see that you're blind.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Questions about pokemon battle revolution

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived