Amiibo on top of console?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Amiibo on top of console?

User Info: GNS1310

GNS1310
1 month ago#1
Would the console run warm enough to do any harm to the NFC chip inside the amiibo?

I just moved a bunch of stuff around and put my consoles and DTV box on top of a new shelf, then arranged my collection of Zelda amiibos on top of each device....Wii U, PS4 and DirecTV box.

Can't imagine anything would happen, just being cautious!
http://media3.giphy.com/media/qwYALpESkAk7u/giphy.gif

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
1 month ago#2
No. I've kept my Skylanders on it while playing and they haven't come to any harm.
I'm a chick

User Info: Nixemo

Nixemo
1 month ago#3
I don't think it would damage the amiibo at all, but stacking things on top of electronics can be bad for the devices and I wouldn't do it if I were you.
Listen to post-punk.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 month ago#4
I doubt it. The U doesn't get that warm even while playing it from my experiences.
Wii U kicks the PS4's and Xbox One's ass

User Info: Megalodon966

Megalodon966
1 month ago#5
Nixemo posted...
I don't think it would damage the amiibo at all, but stacking things on top of electronics can be bad for the devices and I wouldn't do it if I were you.

I stacked a pile of books on my Wii U while sideways, the Wii U operates normally.
Megalodon966 and his Daisy and Celica Amiibos

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#6
Megalodon966 posted...
Nixemo posted...

I stacked a pile of books on my Wii U while sideways, the Wii U operates normally.

You still blocked the air vents, trapping dust and hot air inside, the fact that it currently works is immaterial, blocking air vents/insulating heat inside electronics by stacking things on them is bad for their longevity.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Amiibo on top of console?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived