What WiiWare and Wii Virtual Console games should I get?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What WiiWare and Wii Virtual Console games should I get?

User Info: _Dog

_Dog
1 month ago#1
Posted this on the Wii board as well, but since the Wii U has Wii Mode it should be safe to ask here too.

I managed to get 14000 Wii Points for about $25, and I'd like to see what games I should get to add to my library of games.

Preferably I want to aim for games that aren't on the Wii U Virtual Console since I prefer to get them there as they have more features available. So try not to go for first-party Nintendo VC games unless they're not on the Wii U VC. So please recommend me some games for me to spend the Wii Points on.

Thanks!
Corrin was a mistake.
Not changing sig until Ash wins a Pokemon league, becomes a Pokemon Master and/or ends his journey. Started 12/14/2016

User Info: Nintenking

Nintenking
1 month ago#2
Hmmm...

SNES

FFII (assuming you can't get a better version of FFIVj)
FFIII
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Actraiser
Do-Re-Mi Fantasy
Super Turrican

N64
Pokemon Puzzle League
Bomberman Hero

Master System
Sonic 1, 2, Chaos
Wonderboy 2, 3 (though maybe see if the steam remake is any good)

Genesis
Earthworm Jim
Mega Turrican

Actually there's loads of great Genesis titles on Wii VC, but it's a lot cheaper to get them on Steam, so if you can, go do that.

Wii VC also has Neo Geo support so if you're into beat-em-ups or fighting games I hear there's a treasure trove to be found there, and I also hear the Metal Slug games are good run-and-guns. I can't really say though since I haven't played any of them.

TG-16

Battle Lode Runner
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Plotwise the same game as Dracula X on SNES, but this version apparently has different level design. I haven't played Dracula X though.)
Ys Book 1 and 2 (They're sold as a compilation on VC and played as one long game.)
Nintenking sits down and starts singing about Karma.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 month ago#3
If you're looking for some WiiWare games, Mega Man 9 and 10 is always a good pick.
Wii U kicks the PS4's and Xbox One's ass

User Info: Spookyryu

Spookyryu
1 month ago#4
Lost Winds 1 and 2, world of goo and Horizon Riders

User Info: haseo4

haseo4
1 month ago#5
For WiiWare games I recommend Onslaught, Jett Rocket and Nyx Quest. They're pretty short but fun nonetheless.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
1 month ago#6
WiiWare:
Ace Attorney trilogy.

Virtual Console:
Good god too many to list.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What WiiWare and Wii Virtual Console games should I get?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived