Wii U really deserved a longer life

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U really deserved a longer life

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#1
The only Nintendo console to not last a full 5 years and yet its games are some of the best we've ever played.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#2
SaturnSnowman posted...
its games are some of the best we've ever played.

Not really.

There were some fantastic games, like Bayonetta 2, DKCTF, Pikmin 3, XCX,and BotW. However, the same can't be said for other games. 3D World was good but not as good as other 3D Marios. Mario Kart 8 was a bit of a mixed bag; had pretty good course designs, but had a bad battle mode and poor item balancing. Personally sm4sh is my favorite smash bros but I know a lot of people disagree. I think YWW was an underrated gem but it wasn't as good as the original. Kirby and Captain Toad were also just okay, but they would have been much better on 3DS honestly. Hyrule Warriors, Mario Maker, Pokken, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions were decent I guess. Mario Party 10, Wii Party U, Paper Mario Color Splash, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, Game and Wario, and Starfox Zero were all pretty bad though.
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
1 month ago#3
Nope, moving on was the best decision. Hopefully Switch has a fast lifespan but with good games) too so we can get a strong system next, and 4DS.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 month ago#4
If Nintendo had put a better CPU in it and made clearer marketing, the system could probably have lived on to thos day.
Wii U kicks the PS4's and Xbox One's ass

User Info: DavCube

DavCube
1 month ago#5
Too bad Nintendo didn't care about it.
http://backloggery.com/davcube

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
1 month ago#6
Lol at thinking the games were anything special, and no, it got what it deserved.

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
1 month ago#7
From what I've read it's because Wii U was so hard to develop for. Also Nintendo should have made it clear that it was a new system that was completely different from the Wii. Had they done this, and actually marketed the console, who knows what could have been.

User Info: macknifficent89

macknifficent89
1 month ago#8
it deserved an earlier mercy killing.

User Info: xandedxdurex

xandedxdurex
1 month ago#9
I'm not a Nintendo guy, at least i wasn't until i bought a Wii U and later a 3DS.
As an owner of other consoles of this generation, i gotta say, it doesn't matter how much time i spend playing games like Nier: Automata, Nioh, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Kingdom Hearts or Crash, i still find myself coming back for the Wii U over and over again.

The games i played on the Wii U are, to me, my favorite ones of this generation so far.

Super Mario 3D World, DK: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Star Fox Zero (yes, i love this game and i don't care what others say about this game. It's awesome), WW HD and TP HD (one of my favorite Zelda games i've ever played), The Wonderful 101, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. 4, Super Mario Maker, Zombi U (really good and underrated Survival-Horror game), Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (i prefer this over P5, i'm dead serious) and i'm still looking for other titles such as Bayonetta 2 (will buy the game today), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Hyrule Warrriors, Splatoon, Pokken and some multiplatform games like Splinter Cell, Ninja Gaiden 3 and Deus Ex. Also, the fact that the console supports the Wii it's really good for me, since i didn't own a Wii and now i can play games like Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes and Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii U.

I was disappointed that Nintendo decided to move on with a new console, but i can't deny that i'm having a lot of fun with my Wii U and i don't regret buying this thing, even though it's expensive as hell to maintain and buy new games for the console since i'm not North-American, and buying Wii U games here in Brazil it's really expensive.

Will i ever buy a Switch? Probably, but not now since it doesn't have a lot of games that get my attention aside from Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2. And since i suspect that in the future Nintendo will release a new Switch, like they did with the Nintendo 3DS (i might be wrong, though), i'll wait a couple of years before i jump in the Switch bandwagon.

So now i really enjoy Nintendo games, and this was only possible because of the Wii U (even though i own a Nintendo 64). So, i don't care about what other people say, this console is really important to me and i loved it. The console might be "dead" now, and this is kinda sad, but still i'm having a lot of fun with it, and that's what matters to me.

User Info: OboyHowdy

OboyHowdy
1 month ago#10
Too true.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U really deserved a longer life

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.