Wii U really deserved a longer life

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U really deserved a longer life
I grew a soft spot for this system, but Nintendo had a really hard time convincing enough people to buy it, and convincing enough of the media to speak positively about it. There are good games on the system, but that depressing first year killed the system to the point that I'm actually surprised that it lasted as long as it did.

It makes sense to me that Nintendo would want to take BotW and launch a new system with it, since I really don't think it was going to save the WiiU. The damage had already been done, and a Splatoon-like system push would have probably been all that it could have managed.
Ever since I started working, every day has been worse than the last, so every time you see me it's the worst day of my life. - Office Space

User Info: slymshady

slymshady
1 month ago#12
It's disgusting how Nintendo sent this out to die.

Competition is doing 8-10 years and Nintendo is maybe giving us 4. I can easily see the switch successor coming out with PS4 still being relevant in 2020

User Info: darklink1017

darklink1017
1 month ago#13
I love my Wii U. Stupid gamepad upped the cost of the system too much :| you deserved a better life.
SNOOKI LMAO --->http://i.imgur.com/Pgtkt.gif
RONDA LMAO ---->https://i.imgur.com/duzX4Vn.jpg

User Info: jayj420

jayj420
1 month ago#14
Nah, the tablet controller was such a bad design it deserved to fail.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

User Info: jayj420

jayj420
1 month ago#15
darklink1017 posted...
I love my Wii U. Stupid gamepad upped the cost of the system too much :| you deserved a better life.

They should have made the stupid ass gamepad tablet optional. It might have succeeded if they did.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
1 month ago#16
So sad

User Info: nemerz

nemerz
1 month ago#17
very true tc. i feel like nintendo could have done so much more to save it but the switch was nearing the end of development and they just thought they would dump the effort on it.

hey at least we squeezed out great games from the wii u. at least nintendo didn't go the sony vita route. and they kept their promise of breath of the wild wii u. i will forever be grateful to them on that front.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
4 weeks ago#18
jayj420 posted...
darklink1017 posted...

They should have made the stupid ass gamepad tablet optional. It might have succeeded if they did.

I wish that Nintendo would make the gamepad optional for the Switch, because I don't want that console at all without it.

User Info: GuyFawkes5

GuyFawkes5
4 weeks ago#19
SaturnSnowman posted...
The only Nintendo console to not last a full 5 years and yet its games are some of the best we've ever played.

I agree TC. I really hope Nintendo ports a lot of their Wii U games over to Switch such as Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, 3D world, Toad's Treasure Tracker, Smash, Bayonetta an even Nintendo Land Lol(I personally enjoyed it!)
I was reborn in the fire of a muzzle flash.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
4 weeks ago#20
the switch is getting doom and other high profile games, so automatically its superior in every way to the wu.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U really deserved a longer life

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.