Wii U really deserved a longer life

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U really deserved a longer life

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#21
Not really, from a hardware/design/timing perspective it just fell flat. It had some great games DESPITE its problems, but it was still a flawed console released at the wrong time.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: nemerz

nemerz
4 weeks ago#22
GuyFawkes5 posted...
SaturnSnowman posted...
The only Nintendo console to not last a full 5 years and yet its games are some of the best we've ever played.

I agree TC. I really hope Nintendo ports a lot of their Wii U games over to Switch such as Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, 3D world, Toad's Treasure Tracker, Smash, Bayonetta an even Nintendo Land Lol(I personally enjoyed it!)

yoshi wooly world! how dare you forget it!

User Info: Maximothelad

Maximothelad
4 weeks ago#23
hahaahaha Are you kidding me!?! The Wii U a longer life? THE WORLD SPOKE!! we ALL HATED IT AND THOUGHT IT WAS UNDERPOWERED GARBAGE! That's how it went down. Yeah it had like what? 12 games on it worth getting. Yeah.... great.... and an awful step BACK from the Wii that department.

Mario Maker is the best reason to own that Home 3DS.

User Info: kranix1

kranix1
4 weeks ago#24
Wii U should have never existed.
Literally if it wasn't Nintendo I would return the god damn thing and never f***ing buy another Nintendo product again.- hilliet

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
4 weeks ago#25
Most gamers hate original ideas and experiences. The failure of a lot of tech (not just the wii u) has taught me that.

Nintendo should have been more direct at least with killing off the Wii U community. They are currently doing the same BS with 3DS in hopes to milk the last few games.
lovecraft223

User Info: arg2690

arg2690
4 weeks ago#26
Funny how we see some people here actually being positive about the console and sharing their opinion respectfully, while also we have people that don't share the same opinion, but they disagree respectfully as well. And then we have the jokes of the board: People that only come here to post "Are you kidding me? This console is pure trash haha this thing should've never existed. What a waste of plastic lmao". If anyone ever had the curiosity to know who in this board or in gamefaqs as a whole is civilized and who has half a brain, save this topic for future research. And no, i'm not saying that no one should give their opinion about the console, but there's a huge difference between being someone with an opinion, whether it is positive or not, and someone that has an opinion but can't write anything without acting like a 10 year old kid that learned yesterday how to post on the internet.

User Info: jayj420

jayj420
4 weeks ago#27
Skill4Reel posted...
jayj420 posted...
darklink1017 posted...
I love my Wii U. Stupid gamepad upped the cost of the system too much :| you deserved a better life.

They should have made the stupid ass gamepad tablet optional. It might have succeeded if they did.

I wish that Nintendo would make the gamepad optional for the Switch, because I don't want that console at all without it.

I don't see how that's comparable. The Wii U gamepad couldn't work unless you were in the same room as a separate home console that was plugged in. The Switch is a completely portable device that can operate on it's own.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

User Info: haseeby4

haseeby4
4 weeks ago#28
Well the sales were low. There was a massive lack of software. The gamepad was extremely inconvenient and annoying. YOU personally may have liked it, but the other potential 150 million instant base for consoles didn't.
PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
4 weeks ago#29
jayj420 posted...

I don't see how that's comparable. The Wii U gamepad couldn't work unless you were in the same room as a separate home console that was plugged in. The Switch is a completely portable device that can operate on it's own.

I just want my touch screen map back on the second screen where I prefer it to be when I play Splatoon in front of my television. The Switch being fully portable is of no use to me.

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
4 weeks ago#30
The gamepad was amazing. Lack of portability was the only downer.

It was thrilling to have when developers used it. Deus Ex's intro to the gamepad felt epic. Very creative.

Most gamepad complainers never had a Wii U and spread false comparisons or anecdotes.
lovecraft223
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U really deserved a longer life

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.