Wii U really deserved a longer life

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U really deserved a longer life

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
2 months ago#41
TheRushDawg posted...
Deserved? It didn't have the sales to deserve a long life.

It also never had the kind of support that was necessary to generate sales.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#42
Skill4Reel posted...
TheRushDawg posted...

Yeah, and Nintendo were yet again lax on supporting third-parties with decent devkits/documentation/support. Hopefully they've learned their lesson this time around, but this is Nintendo we're talking about, they live in their own little bubble, so I'm not optimistic.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 months ago#43
JKatarn posted...
Skill4Reel posted...
TheRushDawg posted...

Yeah, and Nintendo were yet again lax on supporting third-parties with decent devkits/documentation/support. Hopefully they've learned their lesson this time around, but this is Nintendo we're talking about, they live in their own little bubble, so I'm not optimistic.

the DOOM port and release of the newest wolfenstein on switch tells me they have, so i at least, am very optimistic with the switchs future, and im generally a neutral girl.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
2 months ago#44
JKatarn posted...
excitebike64 posted...
Still does not change the fact most Wii U haters never even tried it.

1.) You're using your subjective opinion of the hardware to come to an objective conclusion.

2.) As you haven't polled/interviewed every Wii-U "hater", you can't say.

I honestly wouldn't have/want a Wii-U were it not for key titles Like Super Mario Maker (but then again, that really goes for most consoles, were it not for exclusives I probably wouldn't own a single console). The hardware/OS are just objectively bad in more than a few areas. I can see what they were trying to do, but their implementation leaves a lot to be desired. The Wii-U didn't even have basic things like halfway decent data management/account systems on release in 2012 and it took several updates to stabilize the OS. Hell, even the Switch OS is still incredibly barebones, they don't yet have streaming apps or VC etc. so it looks like they may not have learned a thing from the Wii-U in that regard.

No way all the trolling was from Wii U users.

And well, well, well.

I see people happy about ports to the Switch (above) when Wii U was trolled for having ports. Like somehow Call of Duty never was on the Wii U ( it was ) but Doom is now somehow cool.

Just proves my point even more. Wii U haters mostly never played but are cool with Switch being the new portable.

No bias. Just the facts.
lovecraft223

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 months ago#45
i had to log out to see what the newest post said.

so since i am referenced, ill say something:

I for one had no problem with the WU having a lot of late-ports because the majority of them are games i like, quite a lot for some. im actually saddened the WU didnt get more late-ports or simply ports of then-releasing games. i was heat broken i didnt get to play advance warfare and cod 3 on wu.

developers didnt have a lot of faith on the system from the start. but with doom and wolfenstein (and skyrim), its made clear devs do hape faith in this system. theres even a switch version of cod...14? 15? lost count. quitting my neutrality for a bit: i hope we get ports of re4-5-6. or even re7 switch version (gold edition?) and that (debunked) dark souls 3 on switch thing become a reality.

obviously im looking forward for switch exclusive games like no more heroes 3 and mario oddysey.
im planning to buy DOOM pretty soon on xone, but once i get a switch you bet im buying that version too.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
do not mention me, otherwise its grounds for modding for harassment, and put on ignored.

User Info: slightlord

slightlord
2 months ago#46
I love Wii U. I am a huge fan of off-tv co-op in lieu of split-screen co-op. Playing Switch is a step backward in that regard. Not to mention the web browser on Wii U is the best console web browser ever. And most importantly, I will forever miss pointer controls. I am not going to be playing any console first person shooter titles this generation because I do not have pointer controls as an option. I will just get the shooters I want on PC and if it is not on PC, I will have to pass.

In a lot of ways, Wii U was an awesome console that offered me a lot that I feel is being taken away. I also think people hate the console kind of unfairly and the fact is that Nintendo failed to market the console properly from the very start. When gamers are confused as to if the product is a Wii add-on or a brand new console, you know they have failed massively to communicate their product. That is not even considering the casual customer (you have no idea how many times I had to tell people that Wii U was a new console entirely and not a controller add-on... it was freaking 2014 and I was still occasionally telling people...) and how easily they are confused.

The console started with strong support and quality titles. The problem was that nobody knew what the f*** it was. Sucks Wii U met that fate and that pointer controls and off-tv co-op is removed from gaming but that is the price paid when a console bombs as badly as Wii U did.
I lost my second born daughter. I hope my pain is one you never EVER experience. In loving memory of Iyolah Phaeri Hassan 3-31-2006

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
2 months ago#47
xandedxdurex posted...

The games i played on the Wii U are, to me, my favorite ones of this generation so far.

Super Mario 3D World, DK: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Star Fox Zero (yes, i love this game and i don't care what others say about this game. It's awesome), WW HD and TP HD (one of my favorite Zelda games i've ever played), The Wonderful 101, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. 4, Super Mario Maker, Zombi U (really good and underrated Survival-Horror game), Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (i prefer this over P5, i'm dead serious)

When did videogaming become a one thought collective of "this is the best game ever play this. This game sucks we will ostracize you if you play that game. It sucks, and so do you". Videogaming has always been a personal thing for me. Certainly some games are vastly superior in production and scope but its just another phase of gaming. I remember in the early GCN days people ridiculed gamers who enjoyed platformers and nowadays platformers are seeing a resurgence in popularity.

The only thing that matters is if YOU liked the game. Who cares what these bandwagon hopping idiots say.
Forget mirror, Yeta. No. Look into eyes of Yeto. Look in reflection of Yeto's eyes...There true beauty! Who need mirror?

User Info: slymshady

slymshady
2 months ago#48
They sent it out to die.

However, when you factor in the Wii U library and the BC with the Wii, its hands down the best Nintendo library to date

Does not even factor in the Virtual Console.

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
2 months ago#49
slymshady posted...
They sent it out to die.

However, when you factor in the Wii U library and the BC with the Wii, its hands down the best Nintendo library to date

Does not even factor in the Virtual Console.

Lol.

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
2 months ago#50
Nintendo should have done a better job supporting and marketing it at launch, or giving it an image makeover. DS did pretty badly when it first launched too, it was only after the DS Lite that it really took off. The same could have happened with the Wii U.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully. R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
Omega Ruby Secret Base - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrht5cvsjiyfnrj/SecretBase.JPG
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U really deserved a longer life

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived